how to turn the old cellphone into a BT keyboard for the android tablet?

My BT keyboard just bite the dust. Dont want to buy another one for now. Is there any android app that would turn old android phones into a BT keyboard for the android tablets? I run across bt keyboard and mouse, but they all are for window PC that require to install a driver into your winPC.

TIA,

bun

They have an app, but you have to install it on both devices and then the connection is iffy.

I bought this and am very happy with it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BALK9CM/ref=pe_385040_30332190_pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_ST1_dp_1
DROID Paraphernalia:

G-Tablet - Team DRH ICS
Moto DROID - ROM Test Device - Steel Droid 10
Galaxy Nexus - AXI0M PATIENT ZERO - Franco's Nightly Kernel

If you really want to thank me, sign up for Dropbox!

Hey, that looks like real nice. I may buy one in the future. Today, I just want to use the keyboard of some of the old android phone, and I found the app. Try it. I like it alot.

Blueputdroid from google play, a free app. As long as your old phone rooted, it will work. DL/install the app, pair your old cellphone with whatever tablet you have. Fire up the app, connect, bingo, your tablet now have a keyboard and your dusted old cellphone now has a 2nd live! And the nice thing about it, your old cellphone screen is now becoming the mouse pad! And the best of all, this is universal, i.e., you do not have to install a server/custom driver on the tablet. The app is written for winPC, I use on the android tablet, works brilliantly.
Nice find, bun!

Enjoy,

bun
Last edited by bunanson on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “General Section”