Help me out to unbrick my new PIPO M9 Pro 3G

I was going to flash the ROM.
1. I successfully rooted and installed SuperSu and Root Checker said it is rooted.
2. I was going to install Recovery.img
3. I copied Recovery.img and Recovery.zip on internal SD card (32GB)
4. I used Reboot Recovery.bat and it automatically shut down and restart the PIPO M9
5. And the screen showed a small Android robot (green) with an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle.
6. I disconnected the USB cable and press the power button but it didn't do anything.
7. Few second later the screen went to black and bricked.
8. It doesn't respond to any button manipulations( looks like a deep brick).

Would you tell me how to find the memory chip inside and which pins I have to short.
I already opened the back cover of the M9.

Your recovery image has been installed to the wrong address location.

You should be able to press the reset button with a paperclip, and boot normally.

RE: Dansplans

Thank you very much.
You saved my life.
You are a legend.:thumbs-up:

Do you know how to install CWM Recovery?
or Do you have any site suggestion for installing CWM Recovery?

I already rooted the tablet.

Thank you once again.
Have a beautiful day:happy-times-smiley-

[quote=seemee]RE: Dansplans

Thank you very much.
You saved my life.
You are a legend.:thumbs-up:

Do you know how to install CWM Recovery?
or Do you have any site suggestion for installing CWM Recovery?

I already rooted the tablet.

Thank you once again.
Have a beautiful day:happy-times-smiley-[/quote]

You can install CWM with this tool: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3g7f4ueb7n3ew8/RKTools%28M9%29.zip

It is set to install recovery and reboot to CWM.

will you please give me steps to follow after downloading the file from your dropbox

Hello Dan. I have a Pipo Max-M9 and I think it is bricked. I had problems getting it recognized by my system, Win7 x64 Professional and could not get any of the software used for flashing to connect either. I had already copied the image file to my external SD card. I was using the tablet without flashing anything but the screen started to turn red, then it informed me that the system had found an upgrade and asked whether I wanted to flash it. Unfortunately I allowed it to do so, and as the tablet started the process I saw that my PC had recognized the device, but at that point the screen of the tablet went black and since then I have not been able to get it to boot up again. The custom ROM was the latest Kasty ROM, which does not include CWM Recovery. I tried resetting the device with the reset button and holding down the buttons in various combinations, but it seems completely dead. I left it connected to the PC via the USB connection to see whether it was in download mode, but a day later and still nothing. I would really appreciate your help with this please!

Are you still having issues with your M9 Pro?
DROID Paraphernalia:

G-Tablet - Team DRH ICS
Moto DROID - ROM Test Device - Steel Droid 10
Galaxy Nexus - AXI0M PATIENT ZERO - Franco's Nightly Kernel

If you really want to thank me, sign up for Dropbox!

[quote=DSCB57]Hello Dan. I have a Pipo Max-M9 and I think it is bricked. I had problems getting it recognized by my system, Win7 x64 Professional and could not get any of the software used for flashing to connect either. I had already copied the image file to my external SD card. I was using the tablet without flashing anything but the screen started to turn red, then it informed me that the system had found an upgrade and asked whether I wanted to flash it. Unfortunately I allowed it to do so, and as the tablet started the process I saw that my PC had recognized the device, but at that point the screen of the tablet went black and since then I have not been able to get it to boot up again. The custom ROM was the latest Kasty ROM, which does not include CWM Recovery. I tried resetting the device with the reset button and holding down the buttons in various combinations, but it seems completely dead. I left it connected to the PC via the USB connection to see whether it was in download mode, but a day later and still nothing. I would really appreciate your help with this please![/quote]

Hello DSCB57,

Did you manage to get your PIPO back?

TEK112,
Can you please help?
I have the same problem described here.
I flashed the kasty rom kikat version back in March. all went well and I was using but the battery was depletting very quickly.
As a new official frmaware was released, I decided to give it try. That is were things went wrong. All went black no sign of life.
Connecting the power the red led flashes shortly then nothing. I don't know if it is charging.
Connecting to my laptop it doesn't detect it.
All possible key combinations and reset pinning does not show any effect.
Is there any other way to bring it back?
Thank you for your attention and help.
Last edited by keoma on Wed May 28, 2014 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Pipo Max M9 Pro”