Battery life: 1.5hrs

After 9 months of everyday use U30gt battery lasts 1.5 hours only. I have to charge, will reach 100%, disconnect charger, using it and again approx 1.5hrs. What is your experience ? And if I charge to 100%, leave it on - no force shutdown, the next day it is off with the batery drained to few percent.
I thought china batteries will be poor but did not expect that much. Anyone the same ?

[quote=ReacT]After 9 months of everyday use U30gt battery lasts 1.5 hours only. I have to charge, will reach 100%, disconnect charger, using it and again approx 1.5hrs. What is your experience ? And if I charge to 100%, leave it on - no force shutdown, the next day it is off with the batery drained to few percent.
I thought china batteries will be poor but did not expect that much. Anyone the same ?[/quote]

I would try a battery calibration app from the market. Your battery may be reporting 100% when it is only 35% charged.

It's not that issue, I am charging it the whole night and battery life is same poor. Actually I am not looking at % at all, it is useless.

[quote=ReacT]It's not that issue, I am charging it the whole night and battery life is same poor. Actually I am not looking at % at all, it is useless.[/quote]

It is possible that you have used up the battery life. These types of batteries have about 300 charging cycles before they begin to degrade.

Eventually they will not hold a charge, and the tablet can only operate while connected to the charger.

I have almost the same problem. I have owned mine for 7 months and my battery went from good to useless in three days. Is that possible to claim?

[quote=ef98dpa]I have almost the same problem. I have owned mine for 7 months and my battery went from good to useless in three days. Is that possible to claim?[/quote]

You could contact your tablet seller to see about warranty repair. It will cost $40-60 to send back, and if they decide it isn't covered by warranty you will be expected to pay for repairs and return shipping.

Personally I wouldn't invest the time or money on a $100 tablet. Oh, did I mention it probably won't come back for 3 months, unless you spend another $20 to upgrade return shipping?

Frankly I expected battery not to last long since it's cheap china tablet. But less than 12 months surprised me.
Do anyone know what battery to buy (exact PN) to replace it DIY ? Thanks.

I went thru replacing the battery. I found on Aliexpress some fitting one and replaced. First month it was back to nice 5-6 hours, then it got worse to 1-2 hours that is now. I have to mention that I did not reuse the circuitry found on original battery, which is oviously taking care of balancing the charge for each battery. After all it´s not worth to replace. Useless tablet for me.

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Cube U30GT / U30GT Mini”