U1 Pro Stock Firmware - English version

Pipo has just released the English version of the most recent stock firmware:

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=164034&uk=1811948349&third=0

I am downloading now and will mirror to forum once available.

This is (likely) the English version of the Chinese firmware "update_DS778_PIPO(V1.5)_RK903_OV0308_OV2659_20121213.img" which was just released earlier this week. (I have already mirrored that firmware to Tablet_Modder, I doubt there are any actual differences.)

So, now we have an English version of the stock firmware to flash back to in case we foul something up.

I've stated it before over in the S2 forums here, but I am impressed with the English language support that Pipo is providing. Makes me believe they are serious about gaining market share, which means more competition. As a consumer, I like it when producers compete, especially when it comes to technology.

nice thanks for sharing..i wish i've seen this before i reflashed a while a go hehe..i'll give this a try maybe next week :)

Mirror to English version of PiPO firmware -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xbn198x0tekgkg/U1%20pro%20firmware_english%20version.7z

Please, be easy, it's a free Dropbox account.

I already ported to the latest english fw from the pipo site..they went back to the previous icon design (although i think this is only for the english version) and there's no missing hdmi button which is a big plus from the chinese one. chinese apps are also removed just like the older english releases. i think wifi really improved although still not sure since my downloads seems to be faster and reception is almost always at full in areas where i previously got lower signals.

Have you managed to root your device on the stock English firmware? If so, how did you accomplish it?

I tried rooting it using zuodashi but somehow it can't get the job done anymore..a message pops up with an exclamation point, it's chinese so i can't understand what the problem was :haha: . i'll try again when i get my unit back..had it rma'd due to faulty touch screen.

One quick question guys ^^ .. umm how do you flash this stock firmware? do I have to use rkbatchtool or something?

Yes, you will need to use the RKBatchtool to flash this stock image. If you have never used the tool before allow me to recommend that you take a look at the incredible, step-by-step guide found here:
http://www.topnotchtablets.com/RK3066firmware

You will want to download the English version of RKBatch tool. You will be using the image I have linked above (or whatever other stock image you have downloaded, as I think there may be an even more recent English firmware posted by PiPO) and not any of the firmwares listed at the TNT link (they don't have a firmware for the U1 Pro, it isn't one of their products). Click the link for the TNT RK3066 Firmware Flashing Guide and follow it in order to flash your tablet's stock firmware.

PLEASE NOTE: This process WILL wipe all data from your machine, backups are recommended.
Last edited by Sinnesteuer on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you very much! It helped alot :)

hi i just wanna ask because i recently rooted my pipo u1 pro without updating the firmware.... this new one... my question is can i still upgrade the firmware even if i have a rooted device? thanks for the reply... im a noob at this android tablet so please not so difficult explanations thanks again...

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Pipo Ultra U1/U1 Pro”