You have questions and we've got answers... don't be shy!

PIPO Smart S1 - New firmware !!! 20.Dec.2012

Pretty sure this is just the English version of the stock firmware already available. Nothing new, just default English and with Chinese apps removed by the manufacturer.

I don't know how many Chinese tablet manufacturers release English versions of their firmware, but it appears as though PiPO is attempting to have both English and Chinese firmware versions, with the English version being released a few days/weeks after the Chinese. I have also noticed a number of improvements on the PiPO website in regards to English language content. It appears as though they are positioning themselves to become a larger player in the market outside China. It will be interesting to see how they do.
Last edited by Sinnesteuer on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[quote=Sinnesteuer]Pretty sure this is just the English version of the stock firmware already available. Nothing new, just default English and with Chinese apps removed by the manufacturer.

I don't know how many Chinese tablet manufacturer's release English versions of their firmware, but it appears as though PiPO is attempting to have both English and Chinese firmware versions, with the English version being released a few days/weeks after the Chinese. I have also noticed a number of improvements on the PiPO website in regards to English language content. It appears as though they are positioning themselves to become a larger player in the market outside China. It will be interesting to see how they do.[/quote]

I can confirm that the file size is identical.

And, to reply to myself....

Looks like the folks over at PiPO have just uploaded the English version of stock ROM for U1 Pro...which I am DL'ing now and will mirror for TM....Note that PiPO released the Chinese version of this firmware on the 18th, three days to having an English version...not too bad.

can anyone test zenonia 5 on this firmware? thank you in advance :)

New update, from 27.dec.2012 : http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=169335&uk=1811948349
Useless, since Mr.Roman don't develop anymore these firmwares :( ...

[quote=fratello]New update, from 27.dec.2012 : http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=169335&uk=1811948349
Useless, since Mr.Roman don't develop anymore these firmwares :( ...[/quote]

I will check to see if this latest update is in fact something new.

Don't be so certain that we can't get Roman to do another release for this tablet. Though he doesn't sell this tablet on the US site anymore, he does help with support for the Canadian and UK sites. The Canadian site still sells the S1, so it is always possible that there will be another TNT release in the future. The real question is if the firmware releases are actually something new and improved. Most recent Pipo releases are old firmware that has been changed to English as the default.

** Update- this firmware is not new. It is identical to that released in October and November. TNT3 is already based on this firmware.
Last edited by Dansplans on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for info !
============
Users say the new(?!) fw dont have sound issue and SD-card issue... http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=382615&view=findpost&p=18193041
"Now put the latest firmware to the office. site, all works well, the sound and the memory card does not fall off after a dream, although I fell off, more stocks until I found" ?!?

this version is new???
I just installed and everything looks very slow ... aver happens if someone else the same?

http://www.pipo.cn/En/index.php?m=About&a=gujian_show&id=43
Last edited by yochiwarez on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i used this new frimware
some advantage is that the new firmware:
USB hubs that support
You also got a USB device connected to the tablet
Such as mouse, keyboard, flash cards and game ... Simultaneously!
If the previous version did not have this advantage
When the tablet vertically and turn even turn the applications menu.
Several options have been added in the settings.
Speech sound is gone. in fact this frimware is good!

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “TNT Questions and Answer”