signed-update.zip for Android Recovery Mode <3e> failed

I got the PD10 3G version with MTK6577 dual core processor with 1G RAM and 8G storage.
I made a wrong DPI change to the LCD density and now I cannot get to the launcher UI after I unlock. Launcher.apk will crash repeatedly.
I manage to pull the build.prop file out for editing but now I can update it back onto the tab. Adb command is unable to write to the /system although i have root and busybox.
I tried to create a update.zip and sign it but I keep getting signature verification fail.
I can't find the ROM for this version anywhere and I am unable to update the build.prop back. It is as good as brick now.
Can anyone help me recovery my device please.

Managed to fix it myself without reflashing. Please ignore this thread.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

I was in the same situation for several tablets, including Nexus7; It turns out ICS and above does NOT like changing LCD density too much, I have 2 tablets softbricked for similar situation. I hope if you can drop a few lines for other users that are in the same situations, how do you fix it? TIA,

bun

I am using Freelander PD10 3G. Will work only if your tab can accept phone call or SMS.

1. What I did is make a phone call to my tab and answer it.
2. From dialer access contacts and select a contact to send massage.
3. Then add attachment and select picture.
4. Browse picture and share to gmail. No need to attach.
5. Search for mail with link to open browser.
6. Go to play.google.com
7. Search for ROM toolbox, install it and use the build.prop editor to change density back to original. 230 dpi should work for most.
8. Reboot.

After thinking about It. I should just send http://play.google.com as SMS to myself and open it to launch browser.
The whole idea is to launch browser and launch play to open ROM toolbox or any build.prop editor.

Hope this helps

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

[quote=jeffteo]I am using Freelander PD10 3G. Will work only if your tab can accept phone call or SMS.

1. What I did is make a phone call to my tab and answer it.
2. From dialer access contacts and select a contact to send massage.
3. Then add attachment and select picture.
4. Browse picture and share to gmail. No need to attach.
5. Search for mail with link to open browser.
6. Go to play.google.com
7. Search for ROM toolbox, install it and use the build.prop editor to change density back to original. 230 dpi should work for most.
8. Reboot.

After thinking about It. I should just send http://play.google.com as SMS to myself and open it to launch browser.
The whole idea is to launch browser and launch play to open ROM toolbox or any build.prop editor.

Hope this helps

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2[/quote]

I see, your tablet basically works, but the launcher crash. I wonder whether you can download another launcher to your SD card and install to get you back to edit build.prop. But your method is quite unique and, innovative.

My situation is much more omnimous. The tablet/phone went into a twilight zone, the screen is completely black. Both I have to reflash back to factory status by using adb. Thanks for sharing,

bun

You have a couple of options:
1 Get a different charged battery, or have a friend charge yours
2 Try restarting computer, changing usb port
does phone bootloader change from connect USB to Transfer Mode
If you want to recover the data in your Android phone, just go to http://android-recovery.net/.
Last edited by brentezekiel on Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Rom Development”