(discuss anything that isn't rated mature. i.e. seen a good video recently, or a good deal of the day)

Just saying Hello!

I'm a new guy here, but have spent some time on other android sites (XDA & Slatedroid) . Have owned a Maylong from Walgreens, an HSG-5A, Now have a HP Touchpad w/CM9. I just ordered an Eken W70 after some research and finding support sites like this one. Seems to be some smart techies here. I plan on doing an unboxing and startup of the W70 when it's here. Should be in a couple of days +editing time. My HP scores 7500 on Antutu so I'm not expecting that from the Eken, it will be my "knock around" tablet. Looking forward to chatting with you guys.:big_smile:
AKA Dan

Just saying Hello!

[quote=fast96]I'm a new guy here, but have spent some time on other android sites (XDA & Slatedroid) . Have owned a Maylong from Walgreens, an HSG-5A, Now have a HP Touchpad w/CM9. I just ordered an Eken W70 after some research and finding support sites like this one. Seems to be some smart techies here. I plan on doing an unboxing and startup of the W70 when it's here. Should be in a couple of days +editing time. My HP scores 7500 on Antutu so I'm not expecting that from the Eken, it will be my "knock around" tablet. Looking forward to chatting with you guys.:big_smile:
AKA Dan[/quote]

Hi Dan, look forward to seeing your unboxing. I currently spend my time in the rk3066 section, but always have my eye on other tablets.

Just saying Hello!

I got my Eken W70 yesterday, and did a quick video (emphasize quick) youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VvVfOgBzXAU
Have never done this before so don't be a hater. LOL

The basics of the last 2 days are, buying of Ebay doesn't always go as planned. Not exactly as described, but close enough for me. 1) the case is nicer than smooth plastic, it has a rubberized coating, nice feel. 2) did not have the Windows 8 UI as advertised. And had the older style ICS navigation icons. 3) Could not root using the methods I'm used to or tried. I actually bricked it trying.

After downloading the most up to date rom from Eken support http://www.eken.com/support/ , extracting it to a folder, then copying "the contents" to a micro sd card, inserting it in the tablet and rebooting, it was fine. Actually had the new UI with the windows option.

I was able find out it was rooted by using a test app from the market. BUT, here is the kicker, it only runs at 1.2ghz, not the 1.5ghz advertised. Not a biggy, and I expect a fix down the road. I installed Superuser and Setcpu won't allow more speed. I found out that the kernel controls that.

Everything works fine, and Antutu scores are consistantly around 3300 after using task killer to close stuff.

Any Help, comments, or questions welcome.
Dan

Moderators feel free to move or modify as you want.

Just saying Hello!

Hi i am shayan jameel from pakistan .. i am a new member of this forum... hope i'll see more contribution and knowledge in there .. well you guyz are realy appreciatable.. have fun..!

Just saying Hello!

Welcome to the forum shayan jameel. Glad that you have joined us here.

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Shoot the breeze”