[ROM] Yuandao N90 II (CZ) Firmware - TNT Release 5

Here at last... TNT R5 for the Yuandao N90 II CZ. Enjoy!

-Rooted
-Based on newer stock rom (Yuandao 01.10.2013 CZ)
-App partition still 2 GB
-Same Build.prop mod based on SGS II SGH-i777 for improved market. Fixed some othe build.prop mistakes from previous release.
-Same Permission Files mods for improved market
-framework.jar modification for Gameloft fix for some games
-Removed useless apps
-Added, superSu, gallery with picasa support, docs2go, ESfile Explorer, english dictionary fix
-Performance is smoother than ever...
-WiFi not coming on after sleep "seems" to be fixed (FINALLY) based on testing thus far...
-Added an OTA-Update Center Application, future releases (should there be any) may have access to OTA updates from TNT!
-Boot animation stays the same
-Default browser page has been changed to our google paid search page (you can change this to whatever you want). Using this helps support us as as we continue to release more free firmware. There is now a donation link on that page (by request actually... thanksImage...) so if you feel so inclined you are welcome to donate.

Two ways to get firmware now:

**NEW**:
Go to:http://www.rockchipfirmware.com-->firmware -->pick your manufacturer -->download firmware

Traditional:
Go to:http://www.topnotchtablets.com/support, then click on the "firmware" button, then click "RKbatch" RK3066 Firmware Utility, Guide, & Firmware Images" and then finally click on the firmware image you want to download.

Flash using RKbatch.

Regards!

Roman
Last edited by Dansplans on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Folks, Ive been looking around and havent found a definitive answer (or i have by not finding the answer :( ). But i gotta ask. I have a Yuandao n90s. not the 2 with the bluetooth. It looks like the serial number (i assume the source for the CZ) on mine says ZZ.

Will this work on it, or is there a place known that has rooting for it? I would love to rip out the default chinese apps, getting back to a base JB image.

hello

Thank's for the new release but for me in release 5 the ex.sd is not accessible. I can see the files in it but i can' write or store anything. The permissions are dr-. Is there any way for manually fix?

A plus in this version is that the people.apk is visible.
A minus that the ethernet on/off switch has moved.

For me the TNT v.4 was better. Switching back.

[quote=Peyoteboy]Folks, Ive been looking around and havent found a definitive answer (or i have by not finding the answer :( ). But i gotta ask. I have a Yuandao n90s. not the 2 with the bluetooth. It looks like the serial number (i assume the source for the CZ) on mine says ZZ.

Will this work on it, or is there a place known that has rooting for it? I would love to rip out the default chinese apps, getting back to a base JB image.[/quote]

This firmware will not work on your tablet. There are firmware updates available from Yuandao, but download speeds are terrible.

You should be able to root your device by following root methods for RK3066 tablets. Unfortunately there is no single method that works for all. You may need to try a few different tools.

The N90 S stock firmware is now hosted at http://www.rockchipfirmware.com

Regards,

Roman

PS - I am working on getting as many stock firrmare images from the china sites as possible and re-hosting them here as many sites, like yuandao, are horrid for western users...
Last edited by roman2025 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

[quote=copolla]hello

Thank's for the new release but for me in release 5 the ex.sd is not accessible. I can see the files in it but i can' write or store anything. The permissions are dr-. Is there any way for manually fix?

A plus in this version is that the people.apk is visible.
A minus that the ethernet on/off switch has moved.

For me the TNT v.4 was better. Switching back.[/quote]

I will check the MSD card slot. You can run ES File Explorer in root mode though and it should access the card (RW) no problem if you need to move files back and forth. External SD can't be used for 98% of apps so I would imagine root access via ES File Explorer should be sufficient. External SD issues are common on RK3066 boards unfortunately. I might be able to fix it (it is a permissions issue) however attempts to do as much in the past on other firmwares have often made things worse (go figure, but we try...).

I didn't remember an ethernet on/off switch in the previous firmware but honestly didn't use a wired adapter so I wouldn't remember :) . It shouldn't be an issue for most but yeah, I agree, it would be nice if they kept the switch front and center in settings.

VS. Version 4. I find that the WiFi sleep bug -finally- being fixed makes me never want to go back to an older release as that was extremely annoying for me. The interface and OS being a bit more smoothed out is also nice, not that version 4 was slow, but in this new stock firmware (and our version 5) it really seems to be even more snappy.

Kind regards and thanks for the feedback!

Roman

Hello Friends,

I have tablet with rom problem and became useless since then. Is Tech Pad C781HD (Mexico) but is same as Eken GT70k, looks and specs, but this companies dont have download rom for tablet.

Your Yuandao N70 and N80 roms are the only roms that gives me hdmi output at boot and otg, then after few seconds shuts down my tablet. Other roms from Pipo u1, u2, s1, s3, Cube and other rk3066 just flash and tablet is aparantely dead, no hdmi, no boot screen, but some video noise.

Eken is trying to solve problem and sent me emails, but is not fix yet.

I hope someone can help in this forum for final solution, I will keep informed all you guys. Thank you

I need help
I´m trying to restore/flash my tablet

it is stuck in android system recovery <3e> I have these options:

reboot system now
apply update from ADB
apply update from external storage
update rkimage from external storage
apply update from cache
wipe data/ factory reset
wipe cache partition
recovery system from backup

And I can´t get further than that. on the bottom it says recovery system v4.1

Rkbatch tool doesn't recognize the tablet and device manager says that is in other and Fusion 5 I can´t use the driver provided because it wont take it is there any other way I can get the tablet to work again thanks

Any help will be appreciated!

Hi,
I need your help.
I have a Yuandao N90II tablet with Android 4.0.4.
I bought it in august 2012 directly from China.
problem: I don't know what firmware version it has (BZ, CZ or S)!
I like to upgrade it to newer version (V. 4.1.1) and to a rooted version.
information:
on the box is a barcode label " CEMN90S"
onder setting I see this long string:
Firmware version:
"(TR976_RK610_RK903_OV2659_OV2659_OV2659_RK30HDMI_OTG@120709)_(MC_CN@120709)_V404.11_TL12"
Build number:
"rk30_ics_v2.23.00
rk30sdk-eng4.0.4IMM76D eng.root 20120709.095623 test-keys"

Which firmware version (BZ/CZ/S) should I use for an upgrade?
Thanks for your support.
Sigi

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Yuandao Tablets”