[ROM] Top Notch Tablets - PiPo Max M8 Pro - Firmware Release 1

-Based on 05/02 firmware.
-Rooted
-Cleaned... a lot...
-Build.prop mod done - mirrors the SIII and game compatibility in particular is much better
-Added some useful apps (es file explorer and several others including gallery with Picasa support)
-Dumped the stupid PiPo launcher and restored it to a wonderful stock 4.1 experience
-Changed boot animation
-Changed keyboard sounds
-Added 4.2 keyboard and dictionary with supporting SO files
-set default browser start page and Top Notch Tablets paid search. If you hate it, you can change it, but using it is a great way to help support my firmware modding efforts
-Changed background to TNT Logo'd image (I use pretty HD backgrounds though ...)

Been testing this rom and everything seems stable and smooth. First boot takes quite a while. Subsequent boots are quick.

DOWNLOAD - available from http://www.rockchipfirmware.com - search for it in the firmware downloads section.

Cheers,
Roman

sir, how can I flash this to my pipo m8 pro? I just got mine yesterday and this is my first tab.

[quote=alexmus11]sir, how can I flash this to my pipo m8 pro? I just got mine yesterday and this is my first tab.[/quote]

You flash using RKBatchTool v1.7

To flash on the m8 pro, here is a procedure based on what I remember having done (please tell me if there are any errors in the procedure - I really don't think by following it you may damage your device - especially if you only flash when the device is seen and appears green in RK Batch tool, but maybe the order of button release is wrong or driver installation is more tricky - I had to make a few try, since I did'nt plug the DC cable but left power button pressed till end of driver installation which is dumb)

0) TO BE DONE ONE TIME ONLY - install USB driver - I think following procedure should work :
- install the driver according to your OS (32bits ou 64bits), finish installation before passing to next step.
- Boot the tablet normally and plug the DC charger in the tablet and USB cable
- press ESC button and Power Button, then click Reset Switch and release it, then in the next few seconds release ESC button then Power Button
- follow on screen instruction for installing driver, check that device appears in windows devices manager

- Launch RK BATCH TOOL and be sure to be in english (if your version is Chinese, (like mine was 1.7)you may open the RK Batch tool .ini file in notepad and change language variable value from 1 to 2). Close RK BATCH TOOL

1) TO Flash :
- press ESC button and Power Button, then click Reset Switch and release it, then in the next few seconds release ESC button then Power Button
- Launch RK BATCH TOOL, selection the img file to flash and open it,
- BE SURE DEVICE n°1 is green in RK BATCH TOOL (I read to click switch button if it is shown in another color than green (pink ?)),
- if your device is shown in a green square and right firmware is opened, then click "Upgrade" button
- Wait a few minutes (I'd say around 5 minutes) till a green line at bottom of the log window says success
- the tablet should be rebooting by itself less than a minute later,
- disconnect it, you're done

To flash on the m8 pro, here is a procedure based on what I remember having done (please tell me if there are any errors in the procedure - I really don't think by following it you may damage your device - especially if you only flash when the device is seen and appears green in RK Batch tool, but maybe the order of button release is wrong or driver installation is more tricky - I had to make a few try, since I did'nt plug the DC cable but left power button pressed till end of driver installation which is dumb)

0) TO BE DONE ONE TIME ONLY - install USB driver - I think following procedure should work :
- install the driver according to your OS (32bits ou 64bits), finish installation before passing to next step.
- follow on screen instruction for installing driver, check that device appears in windows devices manager

- Launch RK BATCH TOOL and be sure to be in english (if your version is Chinese, (like mine was 1.7)you may open the RK Batch tool .ini file in notepad and change language variable value from 1 to 2). Close RK BATCH TOOL

1) TO Flash :
- Launch RK BATCH TOOL, selection the img file to flash and open it,
- BE SURE DEVICE n°1 is green in RK BATCH TOOL (I read to click switch button if it is shown in another color than green (pink ?)),
- if your device is shown in a green square and right firmware is opened, then click "Upgrade" button
- Wait a few minutes (I'd say around 5 minutes) till a green line at bottom of the log window says success
- the tablet should be rebooting by itself less than a minute later,
- disconnect it, you're done

hi would you be so kind give me a link that from where i can downlaod RKBatchTool v1.7 ?

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Pipo Tablets”