[ROM] TNT PiPo Max M1 Firmware - Release 6 (Android 4.2.2 IS HERE!)

I just released TNT R5 which was 4.1 based like last week (kick self...) and then PiPo Release Android 4.2 Stock... :)

Anyhow, here is R6 now! Big thing to note is that I really tried to get it back to "pure android" which means I went out and dug up (on XDA actually) a 4.2 stock launcher and got rid of PiPo's junk...

Cheers!

First ever TNT Android 4.2.2 release! The M1 is smoother than ever!
-Confirmed faster boot time by about 15 seconds over TNT R5
-Based on PiPo stock 4.2 Chinese Firmware (0425)
-Rooted
-Build.prop modded
-init.d support added (untested though)
-Expanded App Partition to 2 Gb
-cleaned (removed chinese junk, changed language, set timezone)
-Removed PiPo launcher and installed stock Jelly Bean 4.2 launcher
-Removed and updated keyboard and dictionary to Jelly Bean 4.2 keyboard/dictionary
-Updated (from other TNT releases) several apps and added them (ES File Explorer, SuperSu, Google Music, and several others).
-Supersmooth/fast pure Android 4.2 experience :)
-Changed boot animation
-set default browser start page and Top Notch Tablets paid search. If you hate it, you can change it, but using it is a great way to help support my firmware modding efforts :)
-Changed background to TNT Logo'd image (I use pretty HD backgrounds though :) ...)

Been testing this rom and everything seems stable and smooth. Really liking the Android 4.2 experience!

Common Question - Why two gallery apps installed? Is this a mistake?
No, it isn't a mistake. In Android Jelly Bean google combined the gallery and the camera application. However they apparently removed picasa (online google photo albums) support so you can't view your web albums. I also install the old gallery from ICS in addition to the new gallery that has the camera app now integrated so that you can access your picasa web albums. For those of us that use picasa this is a very great and cool thing as the google gallery app works about the best (based on my experience) for quickly viewing your online photos.

Now... if you proceed to ask about why there are two gallery apps installed I will proceed to flame you... (I will ask overly rude and sarcastic questions (or make rude statements) like... how is it that you can flash a rom yet never learned to read? that is quite astonishing... and... boy you have so many posts on xyz forum yet somehow never learned the basic etiquette of reading the first post BEFORE replying on the thread... how nice for you...) you have been warned lol... =)

DOWNLOAD FROM HERE:
http://www.rockchipfirmware.com - go to the downloads section and do a search in the "model" section for "m1" and it should pop right up.

Kind Regards and happy downloading!

Roman
Last edited by roman2025 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Roman,

thanks, it works nicely for me. I got only one suggestion so far:

- The button area and the notification area are separated now in two bars on bottom and top of the sceen (like a mobile phone). Having it in one bar is much nicer. Is it possible to change this to 4.1 behaviour?

Thanks,

Carsten
Last edited by heinbloed on Sun May 05, 2013 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

That is unfortunately beyond me as that is the new style for Android JB 4.2. All 4.2 roms are going to be that way unless they are using a customized launcher and systemui.apk file.

On a personal note, I actually like the split bar because on my device the notification area would get crowded on the bottom and sometimes cover up the soft buttons. This actually makes my life a bit easier. My 2-cents.

Kind Regards,

Roman

I have Pipo m1 have not done any upgrades as yet can i I go straight to version 6 or must I load some thing earlier. I'm a bit of a newbie and don't understand all terms but able to follow on screen instructions as my M1 is original chinese is rooted or not? as there seems to be some downloads for rooted and none rooted.
any help appreciated.
splinter

Hi ,is this can work with aoson m11

Great update now been using new release for two weeks very smooth.

Compatible with Cube U30GT-h ???

Tanks :)

[quote=samouha20041]Hi ,is this can work with aoson m11[/quote]

If you have been able to run Pipo M1 firmware on your Aoson M11, then yes this should work.

[quote=splinter]I have Pipo m1 have not done any upgrades as yet can i I go straight to version 6 or must I load some thing earlier. I'm a bit of a newbie and don't understand all terms but able to follow on screen instructions as my M1 is original chinese is rooted or not? as there seems to be some downloads for rooted and none rooted.
any help appreciated.
splinter[/quote]

You can update straight to V6 using RKBatchTool. I suggest version 1.7.

Your stock tablet would not be rooted or optimized for app downloads.

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Pipo Tablets”