[ROM] Top Notch Tablets - PiPo S1 - Firmware Release 5

looks like a lots been going on since ive been away
Last edited by smithysmith1980 on Fri May 24, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anyway im back guy's after moving house.here some info for a welcome back gift. here's a link to test build jelly bean 4.2.2 http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.ro/2013/05/android-jelly-bean-422-firmware.html

1. Download the firmware from here, here or here. Unzip the archive.
2. Download the SD files from here, here or here.Unzip the archive and copy the 2 files (1._Oma RK30 JB 4.2.2 Format NAND.zip & 2._Oma_JB_4.2.2_v3.2_Pipo_S1_wifi_fix.zip) to your micro SD card. Insert the SD card into your Pipo S1 tablet.
3. Put Pipo S1 tablet in firmware update mode and then run RKAndroidTool.exe; leave all the fields checked, press 'ErasaIDB' button, wait for the proccess to finish and the press 'Run' button.
4. Wait for the firmware to install (about 4 minutes), it will automatically boot into recovery. Here you have to choose to install zip from your SD card, in the this exactly order:1._Oma RK30 JB 4.2.2 Format NAND.zip & 2._Oma_JB_4.2.2_v3.2_Pipo_S1_wifi_fix.zip. Then use the CWM line to reboot the tablet.
5. Wait for tablet to boot and enjoy this new firmware withworking wifi.
[i]All credits go to Oma[/i][i]
info and instructions by danyrolux (just waiting for a video)
if you like what you read remember to click "thanks" at the bottom of this or any of my post's 8-)
[/i]
Last edited by smithysmith1980 on Fri May 24, 2013 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are gapps include?

hey smithysmith! nice to have you back and thanks for the info you provided. btw, have you tried this rom? and if you did can you give us some feedbacks? thanks in advance.

I had tried but with no effect to tablet , i can't seem to install android 4.2.2 by oma sorry but roman2025 tnt versions are much easy to install i wait for TNT 6 with android 4.2.2 when officialy will release 1 week or 2 maxim im sure...

Bye the way , I want to ask you guys what launcher do you use not freeze , consume little memory, etc... now im using nova launcher and its good...

I installed 4.2.2 but it seems to have the same issue with WiFi as the other versions, I lost connection when the tablet gos to sleep, of course WiFi is set to be always on but the connection is lost, no messages and calls can be recieved while the screen is on sleep mode.

This tablet is a piece of crap! My display suddenly doesnt work anymore. I push power button and nothing,altought i was able to install new rom in recovery mode. The display is gone RIP

sorry for that i had the tablet aprox 6 month its ok for now no problem....

[quote=djcristi2001]I had tried but with no effect to tablet , i can't seem to install android 4.2.2 by oma sorry but roman2025 tnt versions are much easy to install i wait for TNT 6 with android 4.2.2 when officialy will release 1 week or 2 maxim im sure...

Bye the way , I want to ask you guys what launcher do you use not freeze , consume little memory, etc... now im using nova launcher and its good...[/quote]

The best of the best launcher i ever had is the " next launcher 3D " very f*king smooth and easy to use the launcher. :cheering-clapping-s:thumbs-up:

I will show you the video that i recorded :) [video=youtube;4tVghNfcR18]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tVghNfcR18&feature=youtu.be[/video]

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Pipo Tablets”