[ROM] Top Notch Tablets - PiPo S1 - Firmware Release 5

-Fixed Build.prop for better market access (GT-i9300) (the i9300 is the Exynos Quad based SIII and will be emulated for all JB RK3066/3188 roms going forward)
-Based on stock rom (2012.12.24) (This is the Chinese Stock Rom that should be much better based on user reports)
-Added ClockWork Mod Recovery 6.0.2.7 touch and non-touch
-Reverted launcher to the same one used in R3 which should be faster.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Rooted
-App partition is larger
-Added Permission Files for improved market
-Removed Chinese Apps
-framework.jar mod for better gameloft compatibility (Asphalt 7 should now work)
-Added SuperSu, gallery with picasa support, ESfile Explorer, english dictionary fix
-Simplified and pretty boot animation
-Changed Annoying Keyboard Key-press sounds... now they are less annoying (based off Cyanogen sounds)
-Default Background should be changed
-Changed "browser" start page to our Google paid search. Use it (free to use for you) to search the web and you will be helping to support us as we release more free firmware. Can easily change this if you want.

**NEW**:
Go to: http://www.rockchipfirmware.com -->firmware -->pick your manufacturer -->download firmware

Traditional:
Go to: http://www.topnotchtablets.com/support , then click on the "firmware" button, then click "RKbatch" RK3066 Firmware Utility, Guide, & Firmware Images" and then finally click on the firmware image you want to download.

Flash using RKbatch.

Regards!

Roman

PS - Like the work? If you see a google ad on either site that appeals to your interests, click on it and check it out. Please DON'T just click to click or be nice! But if you see something genuinely interesting, please do click as our freely provided firmware is in part supported by our site ads.
Last edited by Dansplans on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Awesome work Roman. Installed Quick Boot and CWM works flawlessly, touch and non-touch.
4000+ quadrant score.
Fast with bright clear screen.
And the camera appears to work better in lower light as well..... :)
Sound is much improved.......it's all good

Yehey!!! Thanks Roman..downloading now

now cwm is in this release is there any options i should use (turn on/off) you guy recommend in cwm to make tnt r5 run better while using quick boot to access cwm ??. are should i leave a lone since i'm not the most technical minded person in the world.so i don't brick my pipo s1 ??
Last edited by smithysmith1980 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

I have no experience with CWM.... and I read about some "technical" issue : http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/58418-rom-top-notch-tablets-pipo-s1-firmware-release-5/page__view__findpost__p__656618
So ... any advice about installing TNT R5 and using CWM it's wellcome !

this is info is taken from another rom using cwn 6.0.2.7 When the First Boot, It will go Directly into CWM Recovery Menu, There Clear the Cache Partitions and Format Data, Then Reboot.
- First Boot Take ~ 2 to 5 Minutes.
http://www.flashmyandroid.com/forum/showthread.php?3480-ROM-JB-4-1-into-4-2-Rinaza-R1-Based-on-Chinese-Firmware-%2825-02-2013%29
don't know if this will help

On this picture ( credits to GeorgeMan, slatedroid forum), what are the steps ?!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]982[/ATTACH]

not sure of steps for cwm v6.0.2.7 for first boot. I'm guessing here from info from earlier link i gave for there cwm v6.0.2.7 first boot.1 wipe Cache Partitions (i think that's the same as clear the cache portions) then enter mounts and storage.2 format data .3 then reboot system now. like i said i'm only guessing here and have not tried this method.i would wait for someone else how has tried this release and see if they have had any storage issue like from slatedroid link

ps this is only guess work by me try at your own risk. but full step by step instructions by someone who's used this and kows what there do would be nice 8-)
Last edited by smithysmith1980 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

i flashed my pipo s1 with TNT5 i have not done any tests yet, but i am experiencing delays/lag. Is there any way to remove the lag?

http://www.flashmyandroid.com/forum/showthread.php?3261-ROM-PIPO-S1-ROM-mixed-with-PIPO-S3

Hi I found a fix for the lag issue. Just download the cwm and flash it to your pipo s1. I found it on other thread. I just want to report that after flashing to tnt5 my SD card still falls off after the tablet goes to sleep. I have tried the s1 and s3 mixed and still the issue remains.

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Pipo Tablets”