[ROM] TNT PiPo Smart S3 Firmware Release 1b

Changed in 1b:
-Hopefully launcher is now fixed and the firmware will actually work...
-Permissions files are no longer added in. I don't think they were helping much with the market and I needed to rule them out as a potential source of "trouble"
-Build.prop mod based on SGS III now

-------------------------------
-Rooted
-Based on stock rom (2013.01.11)
-App partition is larger
-Removed Chinese Apps
-framework.jar mod for better gameloft compatibility (Asphalt 7 should now work)
-Added SuperSu, gallery with picasa support, ESfile Explorer, english dictionary fix
-Using JB Launcher
-Simplified and pretty boot animation
-Changed Annoying Keyboard Key-press sounds... now they are less annoying (based off Cyanogen sounds)
-Default Background should be changed
-Changed "browser" start page to our Google paid search. Use it (free to use for you) to search web and you will be helping to support us as we release more free firmware. Can easily change this if you want.

**NEW**:
Go to: http://www.rockchipfirmware.com -->firmware -->pick your manufacturer -->download firmware

Traditional:
Go to: http://www.topnotchtablets.com/support , then click on the "firmware" button, then click "RKbatch" RK3066 Firmware Utility, Guide, & Firmware Images" and then finally click on the firmware image you want to download.

EDIT: THIS IMAGE IS CURRENTLY ONLY AVAILABLE VIA ROCKCHIPFIRMWARE.COM

Flash using RKbatch.

Regards!

Roman

PS - Like the work? If you see a google ad on either site that appeals to your interests, click on it and check it out. Please DON'T just click to click or be nice! But if you see something genuinely interesting, please do click as our freely provided firmware is in part supported by our site ads.
Last edited by roman2025 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Man,

I have upgrade my S3 use this ROM but there have problem is show up on my pad "launcher no response". Can you fix it.

Thanks lot.

Thanks for the feedback! I am still getting bug reports back on all the roms we released recently. Once I get my list compiled (and a bit of free time) I will start making revised and hopefully fixed versions of roms.

Bug reports have been much appreciated!

Thanks!

Roman

1b is now available, hopefully the launcher issue has been fixed. thanks!

installing the 1b rom went smoothly. I don't know why i have two "Gallery" icons-- I'll investigate this and report back later.

And just in case this helps anyone-- to get the Pipo S3 into update mode:-make sure the battery is charged
-unplug the AC power
-turn the tablet off (power off via normal android power menu is OK)
-plug in the AC power (after a few seconds, the battery charge icon appears and then disappears)
-plug in the USB cable between your computer and the device
-while holding down the vol+ button, press the tablet power button and hold BOTH. (The tablet screen should remain blank)
-Watch your computer for the evidence of tablet turning on, as it will start installing device driver (now it's okay to let go of vol+ and power)
(If your drivers are already installed, the "usb device notification sound" will beep, and you can let go of the buttons.)

Note that you do NOT NEED to use the "reset" button at all.

On my XP notebook computer, this process does not work correctly if I have any mass storage devices plugged into the computer's USB ports. I don't know if this is a problem with my machine only, but there does seem to be a conflict in some cases.

[quote=dangerzone]installing the 1b rom went smoothly. I don't know why i have two "Gallery" icons-- I'll investigate this and report back later.

And just in case this helps anyone-- to get the Pipo S3 into update mode:-make sure the battery is charged
-unplug the AC power
-turn the tablet off (power off via normal android power menu is OK)
-plug in the AC power (after a few seconds, the battery charge icon appears and then disappears)
-plug in the USB cable between your computer and the device
-while holding down the vol+ button, press the tablet power button and hold BOTH. (The tablet screen should remain blank)
-Watch your computer for the evidence of tablet turning on, as it will start installing device driver (now it's okay to let go of vol+ and power)
(If your drivers are already installed, the "usb device notification sound" will beep, and you can let go of the buttons.)

Note that you do NOT NEED to use the "reset" button at all.

On my XP notebook computer, this process does not work correctly if I have any mass storage devices plugged into the computer's USB ports. I don't know if this is a problem with my machine only, but there does seem to be a conflict in some cases.[/quote]

One gallery is the stock gallery, which is often tied to the camera app. The second gallery is tied to google/picassa for saving/sharing pics on the go etc.

Hello Roman! Sometimes tablet is freezes hard.Help only reset button, how to fix it?

Hi!

I'm agree with BBOY27.

I also have updated my tablet to tbnt 1b.
At first it was working well, hang them they were less worse often but every time they go out more, although the tablet in general its giving good results well.

A less important detail is: on having started the logo X, it moves there was below to half a load.
Clearly it is not a big problem only a detail. Just to report!

A doubt: can I make use of the roms of the PIPO s2 and the PIPO s1?: Would they work in the S3?
Might any other scene of another tablet to use for my S3?

In new new new versions of android it comes with use for multiple users. Will they implement this progress in PIPO S3?

I would like also it gives run push I hope the scene starts for this tablet with a sensational relation quality / price.

I would like to congratulate you on your big work.

Thank you!

Hello.
I am having a issue with this firmware.

My S3 started freezing a lot (latest firmware 1b), and I wanna install this firmware again or the original one if I cant make it stop freezing.

I am trying to do this in another computer from the first time I did it, wich have no drivers for the rockchip. But when I plug the Pipo S3 in recovery mode, the Pc recognizes as a SGS3, and did not install the rockchip drivers in the folder that came with RKbatch.

Do I need to install the usb drivers for the SGS3 so the PC will reconigze my pipo, or I´m doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Edit:
Finally I have fixed this problem. The PC was not reconizing my pipo as a SGS3, it was reconizing as a S3 (pipo S3, lol), but in what I believe to be some recovery mode, and not "firmware update" mode.

Anyway, I reflashed the tablet, it worked fine for a little, then when I installed the titanium backup and was trying to recover my apps, it freezed again and now it´s very hard to turn on, always freezing and sometimes appear some blue lines in the screen, as follows. I think it´s a hardware failure :/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1116[/ATTACH]
Last edited by marcelonik on Wed May 22, 2013 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well done.
Didn't encounter any errors yet except for 2 gallery icons.
NBA2k13 v1.0.9 worked perfectly without LAG
Modern Combat 4 v1.0.1 worked also

next time, you should put TUT on how to Flash, lots of PiPO S3 users don't know how to flash roms, but I've made one already.

You can check it on facebook PiPO Tablets PH group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/447329648686498/doc/492855714133891/

Thank you for sharing this Excellent rom.
Last edited by S3adra on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Pipo Tablets”