PiPo Smart S1 - Top Notch Tablets - Release 3 Firmware

This release is based on the latest 11/22 release from PiPo and it works beautifully.

Change List from Stock (and from release 1):
-Fixed Build.prop for better market access (SGH-i777)
-Fixed framework.jar per dragon dev's Christian Troy's excellent advice for better Gameloft compatibility.
-PiPo fixed stock launcher, it works well now! Sticking with stock!
-Permissions fixes for improved app compatability. Didn't touch SD card permissions as those are supposed to now be fixed.
-Removed all chinese apps
-Screen does seem to be a bit clearer again, I think the launcher update helped.
-Expanded app partition to 2 GB
-Rooted
-Based on newer stock rom (1122)
-It is reported that MicroSD card problems should now be fixed
-Added root explorer, superSu, videoediter, gallery with picasa support, google drive, docs2go, ESfile Explorer, Genie Widget, english dictionary fix, Signal Booster, Apex launcher
-Prettier and simpler boot animation

Official Release 3 Firmware now available! Go to: http://www.topnotchtablets.com/support , then click on the "firmware" button, then click "RKbatch" RK3066 Firmware Utility, Guide, & Firmware Images" and then finally click, "Pipo Smart S1 TNT Release 3 Firmware Image" to download the firmware image.

Also, the default home page for "browser" is set to our site's custom google search. You can change this if you like, or support free firmware releases from us by using it =).

Kind Regards,

Roman
Last edited by roman2025 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THANK YOU VERRY MUCH !!! You are a fine gentleman ! Regards !

Sweet roman THANK YOU i havent even received my pipo s1 yet its still processing but im really looking forward to this rom Excellent work +1

Thanks!

Does anyone want to pick up an S1? I have a practically brand new one I will sell with a 5v Wall Charger for $99 including shipping to anywhere in the USA! I even have the retail packaging and it will be pre-loaded with this rom!

Regards,

Roman

[quote=roman2025]Thanks!

Does anyone want to pick up an S1? I have a practically brand new one I will sell with a 5v Wall Charger for $99 including shipping to anywhere in the USA! I even have the retail packaging and it will be pre-loaded with this rom!

Regards,

Roman[/quote]

too bad im not in the USA..

Hello Roman,

Thanks for the modded release 3, runs superb on the tablet! I have 2 questions though:

1. The brightness slider on release 2 would stop adjusting brightness at some point, which would stop the screen from turning off completely (As it does with stock ROM). Currently with release 3, it does it again. What did you do to fix this issue exactly?

2. Would you authorize me to make a Clockworkmod version of your ROM? I could post it here with instructions on how to get Clockworkmod on the tablet and flash custom ROMs with it.

Thanks!

How the heck to overclock gpu? Not cpu bcos i already overclock cpu

"-Fixed Build.prop for better market access (SGH-i777)"
Ok, but now my computer doesn't recognise that device. Windows Update doesn't find a driver and when I point it to \RKBatchTool1.5en\Driver\32bit\win7 it doesn't install a working driver.

Ooooops ....This is not good :( ... As I see TNT-R2 is better ?!?

[quote=fariez23]How the heck to overclock gpu? Not cpu bcos i already overclock cpu[/quote]

GPU steps aren't coded at kernel level probably, without kernel source it's hard to do anything like this.

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “TNT Firmware Archive”