PiPo Smart S1 - Top Notch Tablets - Release 2 Firmware

Noob question.

I'm unable to find anything related to the PIPO S2.

Does it use the same built Roms that the PIPO S1 would use?

Do you Root it the same way?

Add CWM Roms the same way I have seen written for the S1 ??

Thanks

[quote=fratello]Maybe Mr.Roman can made for us -based on latest fw post by me - the BEST firmware !
Unfortunately I am absolut newbie in fw modding ...[/quote]

Just installed the firmware and they really made things much snappier! Don't know what they changed, but this version is much nicer... Seems like the vold issues (Micro SD mounting that keeps failing) are also fixed. This is a worthy version for "release 3" by TNT. ;)

roman - Thanks for this... i think... problem I have is that I'm late to the party and don't have a clue how to update the firmware once I have downloaded it on my PC - is there an idiots guide??

[quote=gbakakos]Noob question.

I'm unable to find anything related to the PIPO S2.

Does it use the same built Roms that the PIPO S1 would use?

Do you Root it the same way?

Add CWM Roms the same way I have seen written for the S1 ??

Thanks[/quote]

I don't think you should try it because each tablet is different somehow. Even if you use Xperia Arc ROM on Xperia Arc S. It's bound to fail . The only difference between Arc and Arc S in the frequency the CPU is clocked at ;) cheers

[quote=karendar]Just installed the firmware and they really made things much snappier! Don't know what they changed, but this version is much nicer... Seems like the vold issues (Micro SD mounting that keeps failing) are also fixed. This is a worthy version for "release 3" by TNT. ;) [/quote]

I downloaded this Update.img twice and flashed it twice but however it got stuck on the splashscreen. Weird, how did you able to get the FW to work? This would be great source for a custom ROM if the SD card issue is solved :(

[quote=Gray Stellar]I downloaded this Update.img twice and flashed it twice but however it got stuck on the splashscreen. Weird, how did you able to get the FW to work? This would be great source for a custom ROM if the SD card issue is solved :( [/quote]

I suggest you install the ROM as "restore" not "upgrade". You will lose your apps but get a clean install.

Also wait about 10 minutes after first boot to allow the installation to complete.

[quote=karendar]Does anyone know how to get adb working on this tablet? It never detects the device when I plug it in.

Thanks![/quote]

I fixed ADB for the tablet. It SOMEWHAT works now... I just have to reconfigure the driver everytime I reboot. ;) I used an adb.exe which was in a root solution package called SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse Modded... Then I just use the standard google adb drivers after enabling USB debugging. If anyone wonders how to use it...

I also got Clockworkmod 5.5.0.4 on the tablet at the same time as TNT release 2 ROM... Next step: Custom ROM CWM compatible. Step after that: Custom ROM + kernel (If I get kernel source from pipo, which I doubt)

[quote=Gray Stellar]I downloaded this Update.img twice and flashed it twice but however it got stuck on the splashscreen. Weird, how did you able to get the FW to work? This would be great source for a custom ROM if the SD card issue is solved :( [/quote]

I flashed right off the bat no issues... Can't really say what I did differently. I didn't even clear data (restore) when doing it.

Mr.Karendar, the SD card issue is solved ?! Did You try Gameloft games ? On stock fw "The adventures of TinTin" dont work ... and my little boy are verry dissapointed :( ... Thanks and regards !

Mr.Roman : PLEASE, DON'T FORGET US ! We waitting Your support - TNT 3 (a new fw based on last version from Pipo) ; SD-card issue fixed, 2 MB memory, GAMELOFT games fix, better WiFi, none of chinese app ... Thanks in advance ! Best regards !
Last edited by fratello on Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi.
I've installed TNT Release 2 firmware.
Almost everything works fine, but I have one big issue.

When this device close screen automatically
(with non-touch screen for configure time), it always hang up.
So, I have to sleep this via power-button, every time.

And any one know does this device support screen-blightness
dark control with non-touch (before device comes to close screen)?

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “TNT Firmware Archive”