UG007B Clockworkmod Issue

[

EDIT:

I eventually resolved this problem by flashing the original firmware. I now have hideous wifi problems, but the CWM installation procedure now works. Apparently the "stock" firmware on my device was not the stock firmware from Ugoos. Anyone running into similar problems may want to try the same thing (firmware, drivers, and flasher are in a download from Ugoos' website), although it'd be nice to backup your system with another tool first (since I no longer have any way to get whatever firmware I started with).

]

Hello,

I got a UG007B this Christmas, which doesn't have a dedicated subforum here but which is one of the RK3188 devices. I would like to get into android development (though I'm a total newbie at the subject--I've rooted and flashed phones before, but not created my own roms etc.) with this device, but before I try anything I think it's a good idea to get CWM set up so that I can make backups. However, upon following the PC-less instructions here (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?6805-cwm-recovery-for-rk3188) and flashing the appropriate CWM image, I find I get some hideous errors and am unable to make backups. I'm trying to track down the source of the problem to fix it, but I'm not sure how likely I am to succeed so I'm hoping someone here might understand what's going on and let me know what I need to do!

I am able to boot into CWM just fine. However this error shows at the bottom of the screen:

Can't find misc
Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
Can't find misc
Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
Can't open /cache/recovery/log
Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
Can't find misc

When I try to create a backup on my external sdcard I get the following:

SDCard space free: 7576MB
Backing up boot image...
Error while backing up boot image!

Although it DOES create an empty backup folder on the sdcard, so it seems to be able to mount that just fine. Upon going into /cache/recovery in a terminal and listing all contents, I find that it contains only two apparently empty files: last_install and last_log. This is the same as on a phone I have on which CWM works, so I don't think it's a problem with that; it seems to me that most likely CWM is having a problem mounting the filesystem disk in the first place--perhaps a mismatch between whatever CWM's equivalent of linux's fstab is on the image I installed and the configuration of my device. But I know nothing whatsoever about the internal workings of CWM or related subjects; it remains a sort of black box to me. So this is just a guess.

Does anyone have any idea what may be the problem, and what steps I might take to figure out the issue and resolve it? I'd really like to be able to start playing around with ROMS and maybe try and get ubuntu installed, but I don't want to touch anything until I can make backups (and I doubt cwm could flash a ROM in this broken state anyway).

Thanks very much for your time!
sapphous
Last edited by sapphous on Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UG007B Clockworkmod Issue

I also got a UG007b for Christmas. Not yet rooted as far as I know. This will be the very first one for me I have ever rooted. If there is a way to back up all the original drivers before flashing I would gladly share them with you. Is this the same one? Is there a way to back it up before rooting? I got mine from eWonder on Amazon with the following description:

[h=2]Product Description[/h] Size: 2GB RAM, 16GB SD, RK3188, Mali-400 | Color: Black
Specifications:
-Operation System: Android 4.2
-CPU: Rock Chips 3188 Quad-Core 1.6GHz
-RAM: DDR3 2GB
-Internal Memory: Built-in 8G memory
-Networking: WIFI 802.11b/g/n 10/100Mbps With internal Antenna
-Graphics Type: Integrated Graphics Mali400, Supports 1080P video (1920*1080), 2048 * 1536
-Bluetooth
-Power: 90-230V, 50/60Hz input, max. power: 30W, Output: 5V/2A
-Android Market: Support Android Market Place
-Flash Player: Support Adobe Flash 11.6
-Gaming: Built-in 3D Accelerator, support 3D gaming
-Video: Decoding: Mpeg1/2/4.H.264, VC-1, Divx, Xvid, RM8/9/10, VP6; Formats: MKV, TS, TP, M2TS, RM/RMVB, BD-ISO, AVI, MPG, VOB, DAT, ASF, TRP, FLV etc full formats
-Audio: Audio Decoding :D TS, AC3, LPCM, FLAC, HE-AAC; Audio Formats: MP3, OGG, WMA, WMAPRO
-Picture: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
-E-Book: PDF, TXT etc.
-Email: Emailing is easier than ever before when there is network connection
-Color: Black
-Port: 1 x USB 2.0, 2 x micro usb, 1 x Micro-SD card slot
Single Packing List:
1* Andrid Mini PC tv box
1* Charge Adapter
1* USB Cable
1* User Manual

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Rockchip RK3188”