Pipo M1 Rear Cover Removal (and loose cover fix!)

Hello all!

Below is a quick tear down view of the PIPO M1 tablet.

What prompted me to do this has to do with a small rattle involving the back cover. For some reason, the back cover was not sitting flush against the frame and as a result would make a rattling noise when you would tap the screen. Below are the tear down pictures while I was trying to find out the cause of the issue.

The takedown was rather simple. You will see the tools that I used to take apart the back cover.

1 - Remove the two small screws on the opposite sides of the basil. Failure to do so will result in extreme damage if you try to remove the cover without removing the screws.

2 - Using a spudger carefully pry around the outside of the tablet releasing the metal back plate from the plastic bezel.

3 - To reattached the back just line up the cover and apply moderate pressure and you will hear the tabs snap back into place.

4 - Reinsert the screws on opposing sides of the basil and you are done.

*** - I found that the back cover needed some pressure. So I took the back cover off and inserted a packing peanut (Styrofoam) at the top of the tablet near the bezel where the cover was loose. After putting the cover back on (which was a bit snugger and required a tad more pressure to snap back in, the tablet is rattle free!

Regardless, I hope this helps someone.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]737[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]738[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]739[/ATTACH]
DROID Paraphernalia:

G-Tablet - Team DRH ICS
Moto DROID - ROM Test Device - Steel Droid 10
Galaxy Nexus - AXI0M PATIENT ZERO - Franco's Nightly Kernel

If you really want to thank me, sign up for Dropbox!

thank you
you helped me.
I want to remove the back cover to change battery.

[quote=alex_72gr]thank you
you helped me.
I want to remove the back cover to change battery.[/quote]

Glad I could help.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
DROID Paraphernalia:

G-Tablet - Team DRH ICS
Moto DROID - ROM Test Device - Steel Droid 10
Galaxy Nexus - AXI0M PATIENT ZERO - Franco's Nightly Kernel

If you really want to thank me, sign up for Dropbox!

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Pipo Max M1 Faq/Guides”