[ROM] KK497S Android 4.4.2 KitKat

DISCLAIMER:

[b]USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. By running this firmware, you agree that there is the possibility that you may brick your device. You agree that only you are responsible and no one else is responsible for supporting you if that occurs.

[/b]Description:

This is an Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom ROM for 97S and possibly other similar tablets.

Installation:

Use the supplied RKAndroidTool.

Download:

KK497S: http://bit.ly/1dJF741

Looks to be working on JMI T970 v1, thanks. :)

It did not work on JMI T970 v2 : touch screen is not working and battery level is 0% ! Like for 4.2 can you post an alternate kernel please ? Thanks

[quote=gi4257]It did not work on JMI T970 v2 : touch screen is not working and battery level is 0% ! Like for 4.2 can you post an alternate kernel please ? Thanks[/quote]
Did the 4.2 work with JMI T970 v2? The touch screen driver is the same in both kernels, only the battery driver is different.

[quote=maakie]Did the 4.2 work with JMI T970 v2? The touch screen driver is the same in both kernels, only the battery driver is different.[/quote]

I just try to flash 4.4 again and the touch screen is working in fact. Only the battery level is not working. I did flash again 4.2 with original and alternative kernel. With the original the touch screen is working but not the battery. With the alternative kernel everything is fine.

Is it possible for you to build an alternate kernel for 4.4 including the battery driver of the 4.2 alternative kernel ?

EDIT : I played with 4.4 (with power cable connected ) and the touch screen is working until I switch off the screen. After, it is not working. I don't know if it is the same with 4.2 and original kernel

EDIT2 : With 4.2 original kernel the touch screen is always working even after I switch off the screen. Only the battery level is 1%.

Hope this could help you to build a alternative kernel. Thanks a lot for your work !
Last edited by gi4257 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I tried this on the R2000 from Pandawill, but it doesn't work.
After flashing, the tablet won't start, but the bootloader is still working so I could install another rom.

Thanks Maakie. It works pretty well on my 97s sor far. I have a small issue with the battery level which is stuck to 100%. I didn't find a way to change or add a widget on the lockscreen, even though I allowed it in the parameters. Another thing, If I change of launcher, it asks me to confirm the change one or twice (I confirmed to change it permanently). Those minor remarks are nothing compared to the silk like transtion between pages on the launcher and the smooth scrolling of internet pages. I get an antutu result beteen 14500 and 15000.
Thanks again

i have problem with battary. After reboot show 1%. R2000 Battary calibration problem.

the download link is dead, can anyone share this ROM?

The download link is dead, can anyone share this ROM?

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Rom Development”