[ROM] JB497S Android 4.2.2

DISCLAIMER:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. By running this firmware, you agree that there is the possibility that you may brick your device. You agree that only you are responsible and no one else is responsible for supporting you if that occurs.

Description:

This is an Android 4.2.2 custom ROM for 97S and probably other tablets which suffer from the 1% battery problem in some Jelly Bean ROMs.
For other tablets there is is an alternative kernel which can replace the one in the main package. It just might work.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1132[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]1133[/ATTACH]

Changelog:

v1.00
* Initial version

v1.01
* Changed launcher to 4:3 version
* Added support for multiple users
* More RAM available
* Updated SDcard driver
* Updated Battery driver
* Updated Touchscreen driver
* etc

Installation:

Use the supplied RKAndroidTool.

Download:

JB497S v1.01: http://bit.ly/19P8XDM
Alt. kernel: http://bit.ly/10uKZHy
Last edited by maakie on Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Many thanks

It works well up to now.

antutu = 10500
quadrant standard = 3878

I tried this on the R2000 from Pandawill but don't work... it's stuck in a screen with the android logo spinning :p any ideas?

EDIT: I tried again but this time I clicked on Erase NAND and now it's working!!!!!!!! But the battery was showing 1%, but I had 68% before installed this ROM. I connected the tablet to the charger and it appears to be charging. I will report back if there's issues with the battery again.
Last edited by juanml on Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I still have battery issues. I turned off the tablet and was showing "Charged", but the battery drained in less than 1 hour. If I turn the tablet off, it shows again that it's fully charged, but as soon as I put the device to sleep and wake it up again, it shows 1%.
Besides this, the ROM is amazing, it's very fast and all the stability problems that I was having with orgos c are gone.
How can I solve the battery problem?

EDIT: How can I enter in CWM recovery? Before I could enter pressing power + vol- + vol+. But now this don't work.
Last edited by juanml on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I flashed this ROM on my Visture V4. But I have also the battery problem. Any Solutions?

I use power + vol- to boot into recovery, but if it doesn't work with the buttons, I think there are apps that can boot into recovery, or if you have a terminal app, write:

Code: Select all

su
reboot recovery

To help find out what the problem with the battery is, you can use a terminal app or the adb shell to execute the following commands:

su
echo 1 > /sys/module/rk29_adc_battery/parameters/dbg_level

A file will be created at /data/local/bat.log where battery data will be written every second until the tablet is restarted.
You can view the file using the commands:

su
cat /data/local/bat.log

What is the value of RealAdc in the file? You can check both when the tablet is fully charged and when it shows 1%.
Also, does your tablet use a 5V or 9V charger?

The tablet uses a 5V charger. I will try that command and let you know.

After the flash, the battery was showing 8% and RealAdc was showing 747. I connected the tablet to the charger and in only 1 hour and 20 minutes it charged to 99% with a RealAdc value of 763. It's been connected to the charger for some time now but it don't reach 100%.
Is this information useful?

EDIT: I disconnected the charger and it shows "charged". RealAdc show 749...
Last edited by juanml on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[quote=juanml]After the flash, the battery was showing 8% and RealAdc was showing 747. I connected the tablet to the charger and in only 1 hour and 20 minutes it charged to 99% with a RealAdc value of 763. It's been connected to the charger for some time now but it don't reach 100%.
Is this information useful?

EDIT: I disconnected the charger and it shows "charged". RealAdc show 749...[/quote]

Those numbers look quite ok and is no reason why it should show such low battery level.
I'd probably have to look at an entire log from charged to discharged to see what causes it.

Anyway there will be an updated version soon which will include some minor changes to the battery driver.

[quote=maakie]Those numbers look quite ok and is no reason why it should show such low battery level.
I'd probably have to look at an entire log from charged to discharged to see what causes it.

Anyway there will be an updated version soon which will include some minor changes to the battery driver.[/quote]

Thanks! I hope that the update fix the problem.

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Rom Development”