[ROM] RK3066 Custom Firmware Orgos V1.0C Android 4.04

[quote=Dansplans]Have you tried manually mounting the USB?

/mnt/usb_storage

You should also be attaching to the OTG port rather than the regular USB to PC port.

I doubt that it is the firmware or I would expect it to work or not. On some add-ons I have had to trim the plastic back on the connectors as they don't always insert into the tablet as far as they should. You may also have a faulty OTG cable. Do you have another one to try?[/quote]

Yes, I'm using the OTG port. Sometimes I plug in a pendrive and the LED on the pendrive turn on but with very low brigth and after a few seconds the tablet freezes. I tried with two cables, but the two are from chinese tablets, so maybe they aren't of good quality. I'll try to buy another cable.
Do you know from where I can download the original firmware? I tried the update posted on the pandawill forum, but it doesn't work very well, because all of the sudden the touchscreen stopped working, and that never happened to me with the original firmware.

I hope to solve this problem because this rom is great.

[quote=juanml]Yes, I'm using the OTG port. Sometimes I plug in a pendrive and the LED on the pendrive turn on but with very low brigth and after a few seconds the tablet freezes. I tried with two cables, but the two are from chinese tablets, so maybe they aren't of good quality. I'll try to buy another cable.
Do you know from where I can download the original firmware? I tried the update posted on the pandawill forum, but it doesn't work very well, because all of the sudden the touchscreen stopped working, and that never happened to me with the original firmware.

I hope to solve this problem because this rom is great.[/quote]

You might have a hardware problem if the tablet is not supplying steady power to the USB. You could try a USB stick while the tablet is on the charger and/or try a powered external hard drive. These tests should confirm if there is an issue with the USB supply of power.

The Pandawill R2000 firmware should work on the tablet as well as 97s, JMI and a couple of others. When loading a new firmware I have seen touchscreen problems on first boot. I let the tablet sit for 15 minutes to complete the new installation then reboot. Touch problems are then gone.

[quote=Dansplans]You might have a hardware problem if the tablet is not supplying steady power to the USB. You could try a USB stick while the tablet is on the charger and/or try a powered external hard drive. These tests should confirm if there is an issue with the USB supply of power.

The Pandawill R2000 firmware should work on the tablet as well as 97s, JMI and a couple of others. When loading a new firmware I have seen touchscreen problems on first boot. I let the tablet sit for 15 minutes to complete the new installation then reboot. Touch problems are then gone.[/quote]

I tried with the charger connected but it's the same :P Do you know if the original firmware is available? So I can go back and see if the USB ports are still working.
Thanks for your patience!

EDIT: I don't know if this make sense, but I connected an USB joystick and it worked. Then, I connected the pendrive and it also worked. I used the safe remove option, plugged it again, but didin't work :p. I plugged the joystick again, removed it, plugin the pendrive and it works again, but this time I didn't use the safe remove option. So I plug in the pendrive again and it works!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe is something about the safe remove option.

Sorry if something is not clear in my message, but English isn't my first language.
Last edited by juanml on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

what i am facing is fast drain after 40%. It takes 30 minutes to go 2-4% even in reading mode.
before 40% it is possible to do something up to 4-5 hours.
[b]9.7 inch OEM N90 Window Dual Core Android 4.0.4 RK3066 1.5GHz 16GB Bluetooth IPS Dual cameras Tablet PC [/b]

[quote=Sergiy]what i am facing is fast drain after 40%. It takes 30 minutes to go 2-4% even in reading mode.
before 40% it is possible to do something up to 4-5 hours.[/quote]

Battery meter issues are common with many of the firmware versions for these tablets. You may just have to live with it, as long as you are getting 5+ hours of use.

[quote=juanml]Do you know if the original firmware is available? So I can go back and see if the USB ports are still working.[/quote]

The only stock firmware that I know of for the R2000 is the one from Pandawill.

Sorry from being quiet lately... had a severe computer crash. All is fine now.

Working to get the battery to work properly. It is very hard to do but I feel that it is achievable. We just need the ROM to identify the battery probe correctly and to read it as well.

Edit: Wow... changing version of Linux fixed my formatting issue on the website... nice! :)
Tablets:
Acer Iconia A100 w/ ICS beta ROM (Dead)
Onda Vi10 Elite w/ CM 10 Preview 4 - Kernel 3.0.36 (Broken Battery connection)
97s (Yuandao N90 clone) w/ customized Orgos 1.0c ROM
(working on a JB ROM for the 97s)

The USB is working fine as long as I don't use the safe remove option!
I only have one more problem, and that is that my wifi signal is much weaker compared to the one I had with the stock rom. I don't know if this is a common problem with this rom.

JB soon on JMI TAB T970

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6xRc1sn83A

It is the same firmware I found on a chinese web page

On the facebook page of JMI Tech, the FM will be available by the end of september
Last edited by bach0405 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey all, the JMI firmware 4.1 - Jelly Bean was just released.

http://www.jmitech.fr/media/jmitech/JMITabT970_Firmware_JB_v2_01102012.rar

However it's only compatible with the v2 tablets (the one shipped in september).
Last edited by zebulorg on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[quote=zebulorg]Hey all, the JMI firmware 4.1 - Jelly Bean was just released.

http://www.jmitech.fr/media/jmitech/JMITabT970_Firmware_JB_v2_01102012.rar

However it's only compatible with the v1 tablets (the one shipped in september).[/quote]

just one correction : it's for v2 tablets

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Rom Development”