[ROM] RK3066 Custom Firmware Orgos V1.0C Android 4.04

Maybe you are right.97S battery is 7800mAh and most other tabs is 8000mAh,but all of them are managed by voltage(no matter capacity) for Li-Ion parameters are :nominal voltage=3,7v;fully discharged voltage=3,2v;fully charged voltage=4,2v... and that means that you may use any Lithium battery and should not have prob with charging

Battery size does matter since the % is calculated based on the capacity of the battery. However, you need to correctly identify the right address to get the information from the battery monitor. If you don't, you will end up what is happening with the V4 firmware.

I have been working to fix the problem with the V4 firmware (some variables are handled differently). Also, a file is missing in the framework, that helped set up the battery properly. Hopefully, I will get a way around this soon.
Tablets:
Acer Iconia A100 w/ ICS beta ROM (Dead)
Onda Vi10 Elite w/ CM 10 Preview 4 - Kernel 3.0.36 (Broken Battery connection)
97s (Yuandao N90 clone) w/ customized Orgos 1.0c ROM
(working on a JB ROM for the 97s)

[quote=Dansplans]Unfortunately those firmwares also run on the OEM N90 and R2000 which is the same compatabilty as Orgos ROM.

@wlh03212 I think a Chinese distributor called ERan technologies has some tablets known as 907. You could try contacting them to see if you can get firmware from them. I would also contact your tablet seller and request firmware. I know it is too late, and a hard lesson to learn, but you should never flash unknown firmware without having backup firmware.[/quote]

Hi moderator. The supplier have sent me the firmware. I tried flashing the firmware using rk3066 batch tools but the process doesn't seem to complete with success. That being said, my tablet will enter bootloop. At least now I can see my tablet respond. Where did I go wrong? Am i suppose to configure the config file of the batch tools? Please advise.

sent from my Atrix

If you are getting a green indicating a proper tablet connection with the cube batch tool, then you have the drivers installed properly. I would choose the restore button so that the tool properly formats the device.

[quote=Dansplans]Here is a link for the Visture V4 JB : http://www.baidupcs.com/file/V4%20FW/Visture-V4%20Android%204.1%20FW%2020120831.rar?fid=571188649-250528-486554876&time=1346903812&sign=FPDTAE-DCb740ccc5511e5e8fedcff06b081203-AAxkKFw2NhKa5H1C%2Fpzb5r1ePVY%3D&expires=8h&digest=c13057a53140265de895b0de2d6efad4

I am uploading firmware to a mirror for those that have problems with the download site.

Visture V4 JB mirror: to follow

I can confirm that the Visture firmware works with most of the tablets in this thread.
However, there may be some issues related to battery, though I have not experienced any problems yet on an OEM Yuandao N90 tablet. There appear to be some battery related files missing from the firmware, as battery usage stats are not available.

Hopefully we will get a modded version before long.[/quote]
I'm testing....problem in kernel(boot.img,kernel.img and recovery.img)!

About the battery:

After checking numerous logs, I am fairly certain I have found the problem. In the 97s firmware, the ROM finds the Oz8806 battery problem and activates it. The problem lies in a kernel module (rk29_battery) that fails to probe it. So, it seems it comes from the kernel and not from the rom...

The JMI ROM can't even find the Oz8806 probe. As for the V4, the I2C bus cannot initialize correctly to find the probe.

What it means is this: We need to fix the rk29_battery to get it to work. However, we need the kernel source code to do it effectively. Since we don't have them, the next best thing is to find a kernel that would work well with the 97s.

If anyone is willing to help, I will need dmesg logs from all devices compatible with the 97s from any ROMS those devices have. By finding a kernel that works, we could finally get JB to work.

If you have access to ABD, this is the command: adb shell dmesg > /mnt/sdcard/dmesg.log

PM the link to me and I will check it out.

Perhaps getting a kernel module to replace rk29_battery might be possible. I am looking into it for now.
Tablets:

[quote=Icewyng]About the battery:

After checking numerous logs, I am fairly certain I have found the problem. In the 97s firmware, the ROM finds the Oz8806 battery problem and activates it. The problem lies in a kernel module (rk29_battery) that fails to probe it. So, it seems it comes from the kernel and not from the rom...

The JMI ROM can't even find the Oz8806 probe. As for the V4, the I2C bus cannot initialize correctly to find the probe.

What it means is this: We need to fix the rk29_battery to get it to work. However, we need the kernel source code to do it effectively. Since we don't have them, the next best thing is to find a kernel that would work well with the 97s.

If anyone is willing to help, I will need dmesg logs from all devices compatible with the 97s from any ROMS those devices have. By finding a kernel that works, we could finally get JB to work.

If you have access to ABD, this is the command: adb shell dmesg > /mnt/sdcard/dmesg.log

Perhaps getting a kernel module to replace rk29_battery might be possible. I am looking into it for now.[/quote]

This is great news, the start obviously, if we all do our part, we will get a working version of JB
01001111010100100100011101001111001001110101001100 000000

I will try to help
for people who don't have access to a computer with adb
it is possible to use for example the terminal emulator app available on the market, to open it, to type su in order to have superuser rights, then type dmesg > /mnt/sdcard/dmesg.log

I should have been more specific... I have dmesg from Orgos & 97s. I need dmesg from tblets that are compatible and that are running their native ROM so I can see what is needed to make them work.
Tablets:

[quote=Icewyng]About the battery:

Perhaps getting a kernel module to replace rk29_battery might be possible. I am looking into it for now.[/quote]
HI! http://narod.ru/disk/60950632001.6f69766125a793d7cb38235e6fa61220/dmesg.log.html It's Anadroid 4.0 JMI version

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Rom Development”