Ainol Novo7 Mars: 1st impression possible ONLY after 4.0.4 upgrade...

Ainol Novo 7 Mars Android 4.0 Tablet PC HD Screen 7 Inch 8GB 1GB RAM Camera White

$98 shipped 20120614 Stock ROM 20120518;
Dimensions 191 X 115 X 11 mm / ? g
CPU AMLogic meson3 8726M SKT SH. it came with ICS 4.0.3/rooted/GooglePlay/Flash 11.1/support external 3G
Screen 1024 X 600px / 2 point multi touch capacitive
Storage 8G nand/1G RAM

1st impression, ONLY after a custom ROM fixed all the bugs

It came in a box with decent packaging. And a sticker at the side of the tablet, "QA"; inside the box, there is a neat sticker, "QA approved". Very disappoint though, with so many QA, Ainol decided to ship when the tablet is absolutely buggy, screen is not responsive and random spots, freeze; even when used with a USB keyboard, it freeze, suggested it is MORE than screen problems. I received in June, I stashed in a drawer till now, 45 days later. I found a custom ROM, and fixed some of the screen problems and heeeeeeeeeeere we are, a 1st impression

This Mars came with English user manual, for some of you may like it. The built is very esthetic in appearance, all round corners and smooth angles, no sharp angles, made one love to hold onto it. This is important for prolong use. Bevels are kind of thick, 1/2 inch on the sides and 5/8 in top/bottom, to make the tablet annoyingly bigger than the 7" screen. On top of these, the bevels are NOT flush with screen, so there is a gap to collect dust. And makes touch screen at the border very difficult, for example, to use quick control on google browser. Cream white color with a piano black finish back made it looked classy. Because of the color, molded piano finish and its heaviness, it does convey a feeling of expensive and sturdy built, no creeky sound at the bevels.. It came with physical buttons power/volume/home; there is a front cam at the center 0.3MB resolution.

WebSurfing very smooth, no stuttering or waiting for pages to load, surprisingly smooth and fast; no random spots or freezing. very responsive screen.
Wifi b/g/n reception is ok. while others tablet receive strong signal, the Mars only get 3 out of 4 bars; however, it is connected at a higher speed of 150 Mbps while some other tablet is connected at 72 Mbps. So, its reception may NOT be sensitive, less bars, but it does connect at higher speed. No drop signal X 12 hrs use

Audio and Video It plays any videoes I throw at it, including mkv and 4G large files. No A/V desync; streaming video does fine on 1.5 G files. It takes sometime to start stream for the 1st 30 seconds, and then it ran just like my HDTV!
Stuttering when streaming very large files, like 4G and above. Screen crispy and clear, very enjoyable.

Audio wise, speaker placed at the back, will not hear nothing when placed against a surface. Otherwise, audio is low, barely sufficient when watching a moive within arms reach.

Apps and Games -
- sorry, did not try any games.
- Skype video chat worked well
- Software came with Mars has been wiped out.

OTG USB works well with keyboard. No hiccup
Battery at least 4+ hours of heavy use, continuous surfing and movie playing.
GPS no
BT
no
Camera front camera 0.3 M

In general, the Mars is almost like a Tornado but with higher screen resolution, 1024X600 vs 800X460. After the 4.0.4 upgrade, the Mars wifi is within par with other tablets. The Tornado poor wifi performance persisted. Although the Mars keyboard has improved alot, it still felt like a resistent screen that one has to press slightly harder to get a response.

Pro Once the bugs has been fixed, like the custom ROM 4.0.4, Mars looked like quite a good buy.

Con speaker low and back location, only USB charging. no HDMI for home movie theatre; and an unappealing besels with NOT flushing screen.

bunanson's bottomline The Mars is NOT ready to be sold, despite all the QA stamps, it is buggy to be unusable. once bugs fixed, this is quite a good tablet. Seriously, it is NOT ready to be shipped. It has too many bugs. If for any reasons, you still decided to have it, once you upgraded to 4.0.4, it is quite good. Screen is cripsy clear, and streaming A/V works beautifully; wifi does its job. Skype worked without complaint. Battery seemed to be decent. For $98, this is a notch above Hyundai A7; and it has a hardware buttons too. Drawback is speaker location at the back, no HDMI, as well as only USB charging. When USB gone, so does your Mars.

Links
- ROM - http://www.ainol.com/plugin.php?identifier=ainol&module=download
- forum - http://bbs.ainol.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=54

Pictures

No pic, no story :)

Specifications
===================================================

Model Ainol Novo 7 Mars
CPU Amlogic 8726-M3, 1.0GHz, Cortex-A9; GPU: Mali-400
Operation System Android 4.0.3
RAM 1GB (DDR 3)
ROM(Memory) 8GB Nand Flash
Shell Material Plastic
Screen Size 7 Inch
Type Capacitive Screen
Display TFT
Resolution 1024 x 600px
Visible Angle 160°

Extend Card Support TF card up to 32GB extended
Camera front camera is 0.3 Megapixels
Gravity Sensor Yes
Multi-Touch Yes, 5 points multi-touch
Flash Support Flash 11.1
Android Market Yes
Bluetooth No
GPS
No
Video 1080P, AVI/MOV/MP4/RMVB/FLV/MKV…
Music MP3/WMA/WAV/APE/AAC/FLAC/OGG
Ebook UMD, TXT, PDF, HTML, RTF, FB2…
OTG
Yes
USB HOST
Email and Browser Yes, built in
WIFI Yes, 802.11 b/g/n
3G Not built in, support external 3G dongle: E1916, ZTE AC2736, HUAWEI E1750, HUAWEI EC122, HUAWEI EM770W
Earphone Interface 3.5mm
Work Time Up to 5 hours
Battery 3700 MAh

Language Dutch, Indonesian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, English, Spanish, French, Croatian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Hungarian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Roman, Slovenian, Finnish, Swedish, Swahili, Vietnamese, Turkish, Zulu, Greek, Ukrainian, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Hebrew, Arabic, Persian, Thai, Bengali, Korean, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
Other Applications ES File Explorer , Google Search, Google Maps, Browser, Gallery, Clock, Market, Calculator, Calendar, Video, Email, Gmail…
Product Size 191 x 125 x 10.9mm
Product Weight
Extend Port 1 x TF card slot;
1 x MINI USB port
1 x 3.5mm Earphone port

Package including 1 x Charger
1 x USB cable
1 x Earphone
Package Weight
====================================

enjoy,

bun
Last edited by bunanson on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

more pics. The black book is the english manual. And the white square on top is the "QA appoved" sticker.

I am sure, by reading my 1st impression, the message is not subtle: I recommend upgrade to 4.0.4 of the custom ROM

bun
Last edited by bunanson on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

not fount plz mediafire

thanks for bringing to my attention, uploading to mediafire cloud. How do I share cloud? Is that the best for file sharing? check back in 30 min, it should be there.

Edit:
here is the link

bun
Last edited by bunanson on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hi.
files downaloded.
hoewver seeing the message E: signature failed!
may i know how to tackle it?
thanks'

hi
i've managed to install 4.04 on my ainol mars.
however apex launcher is not smooth.
always hang and slow.
APEX launcher not responding, wait or cancel......

any advie?
can i use back the original laucnher?
thanks
luicbee@gmail.com

Any other my Friend tried 4.0.4 Firmware for Mars??

[quote=bunanson]thanks for bringing to my attention, uploading to mediafire cloud. How do I share cloud? Is that the best for file sharing? check back in 30 min, it should be there.

Edit:
here is the link

bun[/quote]

Hello bun, how do i upgrade.... do you have any "list to do"....
thanks....

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Faq/Guides”