custom ROM 4.0.4 is available for Tornado...

[quote=tropicans]hi there,

I've tried to update the ROM. however, it seems not working on my Mars. on the last process, there is a script shown:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device")=="f06ref848L" ||
getprop("ro.build.product")=="f06ref848L"

Please help me to solve it
cheers[/quote]

I need a bit more info, like how was it upgraded, and any problem before upgrade etc. If anything else, I would re-download the file and try. I did the upgrade 3 times, 2 with Mars and 1 with Tornado, not even a glitch.

Post back, we will help you out,

Welcome!

bun
Last edited by bunanson on Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

[quote=Sheerkhan]Same here...my Tornado arrived from Hongkongeek with pre-installed 619, but after 1 day of using it, it only crashes all the time.
No fun at all :(
Should I try the 4.0.4?
How do I install this? (This one correct? Tornados404_NU2012_V1.rar)
Thanks for any suggestions...
Also tried to reformat external SD-card etc., no use :(

cheers
Sheerkhan[/quote]

No. Use the ver 1.1.rar. The 1.0 has a bug on the camera and no wifi improvement, at least that was the report. Go straight to ver. 1.1

1) download the file to a winPC, again, the ver. 1.1; extracted it into 4 files. Copy the .aml and .zip files to a microSD card, has to be at the root directory, i.e., e:\, would not work with subfolder.
2) stick it in the tablet, press down vol- and power together. This booted into recovery mode and follow instructions

enjoy,
bun

bun
Last edited by bunanson on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

[quote=bunanson]I need a bit more info, like how was it upgraded, and any problem before upgrade etc. If anything else, I would re-download the file and try. I did the upgrade 3 times, 2 with Mars and 1 with Tornado, not even a glitch.

Post back, we will help you out,

Welcome!

bun[/quote]

Hi Bun,

I can't read Chinese language, so my references are from your post #19 and #20 in this thread. these are my steps:

1. Picture #4 shown first on my Ainol after pressing power and volume (-) button
2. Next, Picture #2 is shown
3. Picture #3 is displayed
4. Picture #5 is shown and I select same as in your picture
5. Picture #2 (at post #20) is shown
6. Picture #1 is shown with a message script as I wrote before :(

after that, the device is started and there is nothing happen

cheers

do you have mirrors for the ROM because I could'nt download it again. thanks

I will reupload it later today, for the time being, try this one, http://kuai.xunlei.com/d/SKRVMVUREMFI, There is a brown rectangle (left), and slower arrow and a green rectangle (right), with faster arrow. Click the orange brown one (Left), I just download the whole thing in 4 minutes.

bun
Last edited by bunanson on Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Bun
the update worked nicely...Jelly Bean, yeah ;)
BUT, it still behaves weird... :(
Also PlayStore doesn't work.
Any suggestions? (there is an option: Keep Launcher in memory...should I choose this?)
I also removed my external SD because I thought thats the issue...
Also I haven't even started to add movies, etc.
Just the plain OS...
thx for any help!

cheers
Sheerkhan

[quote=Sheerkhan]Same here...my Tornado arrived from Hongkongeek with pre-installed 619, but after 1 day of using it, it only crashes all the time.
No fun at all :(
Should I try the 4.0.4?
How do I install this? (This one correct? Tornados404_NU2012_V1.rar)
Thanks for any suggestions...
Also tried to reformat external SD-card etc., no use :(

cheers
Sheerkhan[/quote]

Could you be more specific please?

If we have the same problem maybe we'll be able to help each other. Have you tried any other roms? This installer is in Chinese but there are no problems installing it. All I did was pressing the lower and righter blue button and when a message came up I've pressed the button from the left.

I've installed V1.1.

Hope this helps you.

[quote=bunanson]

Welcome onboard!

bun[/quote]

Thanks man. I hope I can make my Tornado works because it seems to be a great machine for less than 100 bucks.

[quote=bunanson]I will reupload it later today, for the time being, try this one, http://kuai.xunlei.com/d/SKRVMVUREMFI, There is a brown rectangle (left), and slower arrow and a green rectangle (right), with faster arrow. Click the orange brown one (Left), I just download the whole thing in 4 minutes.

bun[/quote]

Thanks. I will report it to you after finished download and update my Ainol Mars

[quote=Sheerkhan]...Also PlayStore doesn't work....[/quote]

Umm.... my playstore works just fine. Did you take all the defaults? I did not choose any options. Maybe you need to reinstall it

bun

No good for me.

I've install this rom on my tablet with no improvement at all. It looks great and runs smoothly for a couple minutes but then crashes. The same message has been displayed "Apex Launcher is not responding..." every time I've tried using it after a few minutes. I even change my Launcher to Holo Launcher (wich looks great) but no use. Play Store won't even passes the input of my account. Any app I run crashes eventualy like aldiko or cut the rope. It does not matter what Launcher I have on.

Now I can't connect to my wifi. It won't let me turn Wifi on, when I go to Settings it says it's turning it on but the "switch" is on Off and never connects. That sucks cause I use to be able to use my Tornados for a little while (before the it dies) and now I can't even check my email.

Is it a good idea for me to send it back to warranty? Cause that will cost me some money and I would rather not spending more money on this thing if it just won't work fine.

I bought my Tornado just to edit some documents on the go, surfing the web and playing every once in a while, so if mine is "broken" from factory I might consider sending it back to factory, but if thats the way all of the Tornado works I'll keep it the way it is now and save some bucks.

Any suggestions for me?

Again, sorry for my sucky english
Last edited by saniscander on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “ROM Development”