RK3188 CWM by fun v6.0.3.1

fun_ continues to support the Rockchip Chipsets and has now released for the RK3188 including a generic Ramdisk

http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/

CWM-based Recovery images for RK3188 devices

Device specific kernel+ramdisk images

Generic ramdisk-only image

[quote=Hejira]fun_ continues to support the Rockchip Chipsets and has now released for the RK3188 including a generic Ramdisk

http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/[/quote]

How to enter into pipo m9 stock recovery to install this zip?
This CWM version works on Pipo M9 0422 firmware?
Last edited by evilboy76 on Thu May 02, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[quote=evilboy76]How to enter into pipo m9 stock recovery to install this zip?
This CWM version works on Pipo M9 0422 firmware?[/quote]

See fun_s site for Installation info:
http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/install/

Yes Should work with all firmwares

No m8pro :(

[quote=Nelocanelo]No m8pro :( [/quote]

The generic ramdisc can be used on most tablets.

Hi all,

I have The Cube Aka RK3188 (U9GTV) U9GT5 Quadcore retina and my question about the CWM version what Kernel i need?

When i flashed my CWM Generic for RK3188 and i installed my downloaded Glass Rom V2 for my tablet in CWM.
I still need to flash a stable kernel after the installation ?? Or will it boot my new Custom ROM automatic in CWM? Because i rememberd on my Xperia S phone i flashed CWM-based recovery and my phone did not booted my new custom rom after install. So i got stressed and soon after i found an advanced stock kernel for the Xperia and then it booted up smooth!! Do i have to do the same A.B.C with my tablet? Or is this a totally different method? I have a batch tool for stock roms if things get messed up. Still i want to do it perfectly without black screen etc and stuck in fastboot mode!

Thanx for any support as a Noob! But i managed to To fully customize my Xperia S 2 days ago! So i am verry happy for that result and learning! Ciao!

Greetz Isak

Hi again i want to use RK30GENERIC_CWM.zip but i dont know whats gonna happend and do i need anything else ?? Good working kernel?? Or is everything included?

Gr Thanx

[quote=Ayahuasca]Hi again i want to use RK30GENERIC_CWM.zip but i dont know whats gonna happend and do i need anything else ?? Good working kernel?? Or is everything included?

Gr Thanx[/quote]

If your tab has a kernel.img in the kernel partition it should just work, if not you would need to combine it with the kernel from your tabs rom.

provided you have a stock frimware from your tabs supplier to flash in the event of a problem you should be good to have a try knowing you can always just flash your stock firmware.

[quote=Ayahuasca]Hi again i want to use RK30GENERIC_CWM.zip but i dont know whats gonna happend and do i need anything else ?? Good working kernel?? Or is everything included?

Gr Thanx[/quote]

The generic RAMdisc only installs the CWM backup and recovery function to your tablet. It does not change any files other than the recovery partition.

You will need a method to reboot to recovery. If your tablet is rooted, you can install Quick Boot, or any other similar app. If you do not have root, you will need to use terminal or a windows batch script to execute "adb reboot recovery". USB Debugging must be enabled on your tablet in order to execute external adb commands.

Once you reboot to recovery, you make a backup of your tablet. Follow the menu prompts to create a backup on internal or external_sd storage. Do not leave your backup on the tablet only. This is your emergency system recovery backup, and should be stored on SD or PC.

Now you are free to experiment with other CWM installations.
You should place your emergency backup files, as well as the new version you wish to try, onto an external_sd.
Once you have installed a new CWM backup to your tablet, you can use advanced restore to flash your original kernel, if the new installation wouldn't boot or has problems.
If the tablet still has problems, you reboot to recovery again and use advanced restore to flash your original bootloader.
The tablet should now boot.
If there are problems with the installation now, you should use recovery to install your full original backup.

You can get helpful apps and scripts here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s74jc6nn66vyc95/UohJJCsasG
Last edited by Dansplans on Sun May 12, 2013 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hey Thanks Dansplans&Hejia!!

The first thing i did was rooting my tablet, the second thing was trying to find good stable custom roms for my U9GT5/U9GTV quad , But there are hardly any good working roms. I really feel to wait for good finished without beta stuff. Its simply to early to change from stock to custom as i know that the WI-FI is more shit with custom roms for example. I am a bit disappointed with the stock Firmware on it. Lagg Lagg Lagg. My xperia S is faster then my tablet at the moment. I heard the glass rom was the most stable but hardly any improvements. Cube is suppose to be one of the best selling tablets in china. Well where is the stable firmware? The current kernel is not fast at all. With 2x DDR3 and 1,6 GHZ i must say its as slow as 1 GB DDR2. Well i guess i picked the wrong tablet!

Thanx for all the advice. Hope updates are comming soon!

Greetz Isak

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Rockchip RK3188”