typing characters

Trying to typ on the unit (just got it) and I get the chinese letters even with the
keyboard in english lettering if that makes sence.
I have selected English (U.S.) and under keyboard and input methods
googlevoice typing and Guobi input method are checked.

any help in getting the chinese lettering to leave would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

typing characters

Download any keyboard you like from GooglePlay. I use TSwipe-Pro. Install TSwipe-Pro using its wizard.

Menu>Settings>Language & input>Default>TSwipe-Pro. (or whatever keyboard you prefer.)

Why TSwipe-Pro? It has both numeral and alphabets on a single screen. With today's password requiring numerals, this save you one step of switching back and forth for alphabets to numerals. Anyway, it is personal preference. This will remove chinese characters from your input keyboard.

Welcome onboard!

bun

typing characters

[quote=carlnoki]Trying to typ on the unit (just got it) and I get the chinese letters even with the
keyboard in english lettering if that makes sence.
I have selected English (U.S.) and under keyboard and input methods
googlevoice typing and Guobi input method are checked.

any help in getting the chinese lettering to leave would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks[/quote]

hi mate. I know is a bit late but for all the other people that needs to know:

you can get them letters to go and have a normal (android) keyboard if you go on your browser and where you need to type KEEP YOUR FINGER PRESSED FOR FEW SECONDS and a pop up will ask you what input you need BLA BLA or Android.
And Booom is done.

Happy?

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Faq/Guides”