JB tablet: pipo U1.

[quote=bunanson]http://www.pandawill.com/pipo-u1-tablet-pc-rk3066-ips-screen720p-7-inch-bluetooth-android-41-16gb-1g-ram-camera-white-p65680.html

I am interested. Or I will just go and get a Nexus7

bun[/quote]

Pipo makes great tablets and the U1 looks like a good one. My only worry is the battery size.

And reports of dead pixel.

i have a pipo m1 max brilliant tablet so fast and smooth no dead pixels or problems here except the whole root thing haha i only wanna root the device so i can connect my playstation 3 controller

dont buy it i got my and had bad touch screen and lag i really not sure if it is software or hardware if any one find the original firmware post it here so i could reflash my pipo u1 and see if it fix it thank you i would prefer ainol fire (flame) big battery and high quality trust brand

[quote=ronski123]i have a pipo m1 max brilliant tablet so fast and smooth no dead pixels or problems here except the whole root thing haha i only wanna root the device so i can connect my playstation 3 controller[/quote]

there is a custom pre rooted rom the say it work with some pipo m1 tablet but it is 4.0.4 and not 4.1 jellybean
Last edited by darkrickpr on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[quote=darkrickpr]there is a custom pre rooted rom the say it work with some pipo m1 tablet but it is 4.0.4 and not 4.1 jellybean[/quote]

I don't recommend the custom ROM for the M1. There was a single report of success flashing it and many failures. I personally tried flashing Orgos ROM to the M1 and is was a big fail.

[quote=Dansplans]Pipo makes great tablets and the U1 looks like a good one. My only worry is the battery size.[/quote]
I am interested in the U1 as well.
It's double core, IPS, good RAM, thin, nice and has a form factor that I like (4:3).
It also has all the ports that I need, microSD and mini USB (also OTG?), unlike the Nexus7!

If battery is a weak point, are there other RK3066 candidates with a better one?

Apparently there's no rooting for JB yet, but I have read that rooting should be possible with a chinese tool called ShuameSetup_0.8.9_general.zip and/or a russian one called pipom1_JB_root_by_krava33.rar (to be found by googling). However, I am not endorsing those, as I know nothing about them yet.
What about CWM or other custom Recovery system that allows NANDROID backup?

edborg

Note: the russian tool uses a program that is also mentioned here: http://www.flashmyandroid.com/forum/showthread.php?1773-pipo-m1-max-how-to-root&p=12150&viewfull=1#post12150
Last edited by edborg on Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

[quote=edborg]I am interested in the U1 as well.
It's double core, IPS, good RAM, thin, nice and has a form factor that I like (4:3).
It also has all the ports that I need, microSD and mini USB (also OTG?), unlike the Nexus7!

If battery is a weak point, are there other RK3066 candidates with a better one?

Apparently there's no rooting for JB yet, but I have read that rooting should be possible with a chinese tool called ShuameSetup_0.8.9_general.zip and/or a russian one called pipom1_JB_root_by_krava33.rar (to be found by googling). However, I am not endorsing those, as I know nothing about them yet.
What about CWM or other custom Recovery system that allows NANDROID backup?

edborg

Note: the russian tool uses a program that is also mentioned here: http://www.flashmyandroid.com/forum/showthread.php?1773-pipo-m1-max-how-to-root&p=12150&viewfull=1#post12150[/quote]

I expect that there will be quite a bit of development for the Pipo M1 and wouldn't be surprised to see a CWM version before long. I am not so sure about the U1.

I find most people are interested in the larger devices, as the prices are very reasonable. 7" RK3066 devices are still relatively expensive when compared with the 9.7" and 10.1" devices. Personally, I only recommend 7" devices for people who plan to do a lot of reading, or for children.

Hopefully the battery sizes will get larger and the prices will get smaller.

There are new 7" RK3066 devices being released every day. I will be on the lookout for one that has the correct balance of performance/features and price.

Hi,
I got a PIPO U1 last week. It served me well for a week. 2 days ago, I did a reboot (turn off and on) and it got hang at the PIPO INTERACTIVE MEDIA 4.1.1 screen. It cannot boot up to Andriod. I did not root it. Any kind soul able to help me out? Any solution for me? Thanks.

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Pipo Ultra U1/U1 Pro”