Pipo Mix M2 Stock Firmware (wifi)

Happened to look today and saw that this new firmware has been posted. Downloading, very slowly, as we speak.
http://www.kuaipan.cn/file/id_78368777896460300.htm

EDIT: apparently caution should be exercised with this update as Pipo may have changed the build of the latest M2.
Last edited by kajacro on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Kajacro,

Can you let us know how things went with the new firmware? Do you know if anyone is using it to cook up a new custom rom?

Thx.

[quote=leangrowth]Hi Kajacro,

Can you let us know how things went with the new firmware? Do you know if anyone is using it to cook up a new custom rom?

Thx.[/quote]

I've had to rescue my tab twice in the last from bad lockups after just trying to install ClockworkMod Recovery, which meant re-rooting, re-installing stock, getting back from the Chinese etc, so I don't think I'll be trying it. I see that Tab_Modder has seen my post and may be having a go with it, I don't know. He has already cooked one up, very kindly, but as I said, I can't get CWM onto the tablet.
Trouble is, apparently the new stock of M2s (it's been unavailable in the UK since I got mine a few weeks ago) will be a slightly different hardware build and this rom is for that. I emailed Amy (the email address given on the Pipo site) yesterday to ask about a JB update for the now "old" M2 but nothing back yet. Will post if she replies.

Hi ,I tried this ROM .After the update the M2 Mix wifi wouldn't boot had to go back to the old 30/08/2012 ROM. The ROM that was already installed when I received it from China.I used the RK30 Tool to update. Maybe I might need to use the CWM method. Is there anybody can give me advice.
System details
Android 4.0.4
Kernal :- 3.0.8+
[url=wlmailhtml:{36A7DA60-623E-45DD-857D-A2D8E3D9CDB0}mid://00000010/!x-usc:mailto:yzz@fae]yzz@fae[/url] #962
SMP PREEMPT Thu Aug 30 19.57.38.CST 2012
Build Number
rk30_ics_v2.23.00
imm 76D.

hi
I think this was because the fw is for an updated m2 wifi. i haven't used it. if it was ok, the correct installation method would certainly be with the RK tool.

Thanks for the reply Kajacro...is there any Roms available to bring the older style PCBs up to jellybean 4.1

Sadly, it would seem no. Personally i feel a bit dumped on with this tab. it's brilliant just with ics but very picky about the custom rom posted by Tab_Modder, i haven't heard of anyone able to install either decontaminated or infected successfully. i'm worried that pipo will just forget about it. they don't reply to emails about it. i emailed my supplier, ingadget about it. they have stopped selling pipos because they are so hard to communicate with. shame.

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Pipo Max M2 (wifi)”