Installing CWM on Sumvision Titan RK3600

Hi I have just bought this excellent value tablet from ebuyer. I managed to root it yesterday and am now trying to install CWM before seeking out a custom ROM. Can anyone throw any light on what is the nearest specification tablet so that I can get recovery on and make a backup before starting to mess around with ROMs? The spec is - Rockchip RK3066 Dual Core A9 1.6GHz,- Quad Core Mali 400 Graphics,- 1GB RAM + 16GB Flash, 9.7" IPS Screen + 6 hours battery- Wifi + BT + 2 x Cam, - Android 4.0.4

Thanks for your help.

[quote=coffer]Hi I have just bought this excellent value tablet from ebuyer. I managed to root it yesterday and am now trying to install CWM before seeking out a custom ROM. Can anyone throw any light on what is the nearest specification tablet so that I can get recovery on and make a backup before starting to mess around with ROMs? The spec is - Rockchip RK3066 Dual Core A9 1.6GHz,- Quad Core Mali 400 Graphics,- 1GB RAM + 16GB Flash, 9.7" IPS Screen + 6 hours battery- Wifi + BT + 2 x Cam, - Android 4.0.4

Thanks for your help.[/quote]

You could probably take any one of cwm here and just uncheck parameter boot loader and kernel. Rest should be OK....have a firmware to flash ready though in case it doesn't work

Do you have a link to stock? I can do some custom work for it...or I think I seen you post you have modded? I could walk through the tools to do some ports of existing stuff and cwm?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Your a star TM, firmware is the problem at the moment I've been on the Sumvision site and there's nothing there yet for this Tab (its only been on the market a couple of months!). They don't have a contact link so I'll contact the supplier (Ebuyer.com). Although I managed to root it, getting ADB drivers to load is still a problem. I've been through it all before with Android phones and patience is a virtue they say!!

Is it 4.1.1?

you could dd the partitions with terminal and pull everything off if it is. There is also a rkdump tool I heard of but i never used it.

Linux or windows...I have some linux tools if needed.

Its 4.0.4 happy to pull off the partitions I'll
try to find the dump tool overnight. I've worked with linux but this this OS is win 7. Much happier now that I'm on a site that is interested in my tab! Playing golf in the morning. Will be on the case pm!

Thanks Dan, well if you cant find it know one can! I cant try to get CWM on until I have firmware I can go back to, really annoying. I have written to Ebuyer, and Sumvision's UK supplier but no response! Hi guys, OK Ive download the dump tool and am now trying to dump the ROM. Will provide a link to the files if I get that far! :)
Last edited by coffer on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

hi got one of these tablets to and would like to root it and install custom rom i found this online http://sumvision.com/productinfo/cyclonetitan/cyclonetitansupport.asp for jelly bean update dont know if you can do anything with that has anyone been able to put cwm on tablet yet hope that helps

[quote=Lee Coster]hi got one of these tablets to and would like to root it and install custom rom i found this online http://sumvision.com/productinfo/cyclonetitan/cyclonetitansupport.asp for jelly bean update dont know if you can do anything with that has anyone been able to put cwm on tablet yet hope that helps[/quote]

It's a huge help when members provide stock firmware. Others can feel secure knowing they can flash the original firmware if there are problems with a custom ROM. And Tab_Modder can create a base installation/recovery so that members can try out different CWM ROMs easily.

If anyone has problems downloading from Sumvision, let me know and I will upload a mirror.

Hi, I see there is now a JB upgrade for this so I assume we can use this upload file as a backup using the RKtool. If so Ill start testing the CWM flash for this tablet.

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Sumvision Titan”