Installing CWM on Sumvision Titan RK3600

Hi all, had this TITAN tab a few weeks now, has anyone managed to improve wifi signal yet as its very poor compared to my s3???

[quote=johnaaronrose]I've rooted the tablet OK. When I run ROM Manager & try Backup ROM it fails due to lack of a Mod Recovery. I've emailed ROM Manager's author twice with no reply. Has anybody succeeded in a ROM Backup? BTW I only have Ubuntu PCs.[/quote]

Anybody know the answer?
Regards,
John

Help please!
Regards,
John

[quote=jtheg]Hi all, had this TITAN tab a few weeks now, has anyone managed to improve wifi signal yet as its very poor compared to my s3???[/quote]
Yes I rooted the tablet and then installed decontaminate rom by tab modder excellent wifi performance compared to stock.

install decontaminate rom and when finished you will have CWM recovery image flashed.

[quote=johnaaronrose]Anybody know the answer?[/quote]
Try Online Android Backup. It creates a recovery in your cwm folder which cwm accepts when you Install from sd card etc. I haven'y had any luck getting cwm onto my tab and this is the only way I've been able to do it.

Hi
Having read loads of these forums about Sumvision, nobody has posted a link for a stock ROM for the Cyclone Astro+9.7. Basically Ive done it all wrong and now the Tabs stuck on the Android splash screen. Tried installing another custom ROM but I think I have to install the Stock ROM then use the sausage mod to be able to flash CM10. Do you know the whereabouts of a Stock ROM or am I thinking along the wrong lines-if so do you know how Im suppose to do it.

Ive done phones before but TABS seem to be so different, any advice you give would be great. many thanks

[quote=waylander]Is it possible to root the titan after updating to JB? I tried using that Chinese app and root many android but when the tablet is in debug mode it shows up as an unknown device in windows.[/quote]

Here's how I did it with JB. No need to go into update mode:

1. On the Cyclone, turn on usb debugging.
2. Download and install the Android USB drivers.
3. Connect Cyclone to PC. Go into device manager and update driver. Browse, and select "Android Composite ADB Interface".
4. You should now be able to follow the instruction over at XDA for root. I chose the first option, the "New Standard-Root" method.

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Sumvision Titan”