Teclast P85 Android Tablet - Chinese characters; need English

Hey,

I just received my tablet today, from China. Basically, the tablet was in english but there are a few places where I still see chinese characters. For example, the keyboard has two chinese symbols. I'm not sure if this is related to the Baidu Input app? I'm wondering if I install the OS supplied on the company's website for this tablet model, would it have the chinese characters or would it all be defaulted to english?

Thanks for the all the help.

PS. I figured posting this thread in this section would help...sorry(?).

Hi there,

. In the setting -->Launguage, you should be able to set both language and keyboard to English.
. Better option for you is to make a post here http://www.flashmyandroid.com/forum/showthread.php?257-DEV-Porting-CFW-for-Ainol-Novo7-Elf-to-another-A10-device, asking steev to see if he would spend the time to port the Elvish custom firmware to the P85. Both devices are using Allwinner A10, to porting from one device to another should be doable.

Best of lucks,

Dave,

After setting language and keyboard to English you may need to reboot for everything to take effect. I disable or completely remove Baidu.

You'll have to enable debugging, but I have a script posted to the Allwinner forum that will set it to English for you automatically and you can use option #11 to reboot it... Then next time you reset it , it will still be in English...

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Recovery/Troubleshooting”