Are you having issues with a TNT tablet or firmware version? Let us know what the issue is, and we will do our best to solve it.

Pipo M8 Max Pro ghost touches

I have a pipo m8 max pro that has suffered from ghost touches since I received it last month. I've enabled the 'show touches' option and every so often the bottom edge of the screen lights up with ghost touch activity. Here's a vid http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/guando21/media/VID_20130801_223610.mp4.html

They only ever appear along that same edge no matter what orientation I hold the device. So if I hold it the intended way it wreaks havoc with the home buttons etc. If I turn it upside down and use tabbed browsing it switches and closes tabs. I have tried several supposed software fixes, enabled force 2d GPU rendering amongst other things. I have tried several custom roms and an currently running the latest TNT rom by dansplans. I have remove the screen protector and tried it with or without several different cases. Is this just a plain and simple hardware fault or is there some miracle cure for this?

I don't live in north America so bought direct from China. The supplier has offered to send a replacement digitizer but although I've repaired several phone screens etc I'm not keen on doing this work on a brand new tablet that in theory is still under warranty.

Any thoughts anyone?

[quote=guido21]I have a pipo m8 max pro that has suffered from ghost touches since I received it last month. I've enabled the 'show touches' option and every so often the bottom edge of the screen lights up with ghost touch activity. Here's a vid http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/guando21/media/VID_20130801_223610.mp4.html

They only ever appear along that same edge no matter what orientation I hold the device. So if I hold it the intended way it wreaks havoc with the home buttons etc. If I turn it upside down and use tabbed browsing it switches and closes tabs. I have tried several supposed software fixes, enabled force 2d GPU rendering amongst other things. I have tried several custom roms and an currently running the latest TNT rom by dansplans. I have remove the screen protector and tried it with or without several different cases. Is this just a plain and simple hardware fault or is there some miracle cure for this?

I don't live in north America so bought direct from China. The supplier has offered to send a replacement digitizer but although I've repaired several phone screens etc I'm not keen on doing this work on a brand new tablet that in theory is still under warranty.

Any thoughts anyone?[/quote]

It does sound like a faulty digitizer. These tablets open up quite easily, and the digitizer replacement is very straightforward.

Keep in mind the cost of returning the tablet for repair is probably at least $50 US, and it may take 2-3 months before you see the tablet again.

Only you can decide if you are able to do the repair yourself.

[quote=Dansplans]It does sound like a faulty digitizer. These tablets open up quite easily, and the digitizer replacement is very straightforward.

Keep in mind the cost of returning the tablet for repair is probably at least $50 US, and it may take 2-3 months before you see the tablet again.

Only you can decide if you are able to do the repair yourself.[/quote]

Thanks for the prompt reply and sound advice. I'm fairly confident doing the repair as I've done quite a few iPhone's etc in the past, it's just the thought of cracking open a brand new device that's still under warranty that puts me off. I've asked the supplier to go ahead and send the digitizer so will see how it goes.

Nice ROM by the way, keep up the good work.

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “TNT Customer Support”