RK3066/3188 Development Tool - From TNT/Rockchipfirmware.com/FMA

@ foxround/shahid

why don't you root your tablet, clean the Chinese bloatware and change the build.prop ? You don't need Romans tool for this. Search on Google for a way to root your device. If you have an RK3188 chip you should be able to root it with Tsparky.

Sent from my Vido N90FHDRK / 4.2.2 Stockrom 2013-06-24

Hello,

I'm trying to make a custom Rom using TNT Kitchen.
it's work well but i have few problems with compiling the tools forlder programes.

I reach to compile rkunpack and afptool but i don't know how to compile the others loke img_maker_rk3188.

Could someone help me ?

i'm using ubunt 13.10 64bits

thanks

Manuelr

Same issue here with Ubuntu 12.04 x64 on VBox.
I'm looking to be able to pull apart the TNT release for the Pipo S1 Pro to see if I can redo it for RK3188 as it seems to be based for the dual core Pipo S1 not the Pipo Smart S1 Pro I got.
Maybe Roman will have time to look at these as he recently fixed an issue with his website.

[quote=shahid]Roman, Thanks for this great tool. I have an error, when I press unpack in the menu it shows a dialogue and after pressings it comes back to menu view. When I scroll up the terminal page there I found this error:

/home/shahid/Desktop/rk3XXX_mod_tool/menu.sh: line 29: ./rkunpack: No such file or directory

what could be the reason fot this error, I have already placed update.img file into the unpack folder. Please guide...

I am using Linux Mint 15 "Olivia" - Cinnamon (64-bit) on Oracle VM VirtualBox.[/quote]

I am embarking on my first foray into ROM creation and have installed Ubuntu 12 under vmware for Windows.

I have followed all the instructions for using the rk3xxx_mod_tool in order to unpack a 3066 image.

I get the appropriate menu and select the option to unpack the image.

Nothing actually happens and I am returned to the menu.

So I decided to look at the contents of menu.sh to see what is executed, which is 'rkunpack *.img'

Then I decided to run the same thing from terminal to see what happens.

After navigating to the unpack folder, I ran the command 'rkunpack update.img' but terminal returns the message 'command not found'

Can you advise further?

Thanks.

As you can see Roman has stopped answering this thread. So it's useless to post further questions.

Sent from my Vido N90FHDRK / Xoro ROM 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 4

Hey guys. Does anyone know how i can create a update.img that can be flashed by easely putting it on the external sd card? I can flash it with rkflashtool but many people have big problems with the driver installation. It would be so simple.
In the stock recovery manager there is an option called flash external rkimage but that does not work too. I have tried building my rom with different tools on windows and linux but no success. Any idea?
Thanks for your help!

@ Walter

That's not possible. But it is very interesting. You just need a function or an app in your running system that starts the update procedure from the internal or external sdcard. No idea which great developer could make this.

I know that some ROMs - mostly stock ROMs - have this function built in.

Sent from my Vido N90FHDRK / Dragon Touch ROM 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 4

Same problem here, I tried in both 32bit & 64bit and when I run menu.sh all I get is a blank screen and no errors displayed.

{SOLVED} Installed "dialog" from synaptic
Last edited by chrissdegrece on Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

For those who have problems with running the programs: just try to compile them new. :-)

- I tried all with Ubuntu 10.0.4 LTS x64
- set up everything as mentioned in the ReadMe.txt
- I got also the error "No such file or directory" if I try to unpack an image-file.

So here is the solution:

- Open a root-terminal and go to folder "tools"
- Enter make clean => This command cleans everything uneeded out in the folder.
- Enter make => this compiles every command new
- afterwards try ./rkunpack. If everything is okay there comes: usage: ./rkunpack image
- copy rkunpack with nautilus over the old rkunpack under the folder unpack

Now I have to search the source code for img_maker_rk3188 as this is not included in the zip-file...

EDIT:
Okay I found a hint on this website: http://tablette-chinoise.net/sources-img-maker-3188-t2470
- Edit img_maker.c
- The variable "chiptype" is responsible for wich cpu-type the resulting image is.
"chiptype = 0x70" is for RK3188.
"chiptype = 0x60" is for RK3066 (untested by me)
- save img_maker.c with correct chiptype
- enter make to build all programs
- enter cp img_maker img_maker_rk3188 to simply copy the file to a new name

Now I try to pack / repack and flash a firmware for my Pipo M6 max.

EDIT2:
It just don't work correctly. The unpacking ends with:

Code: Select all

VERSION:1.0.1

unpacking
00000000-00000065 update.img-HEAD 102 bytes
00000066-0002f9d3 update.img-BOOT 194926 bytes
0002f9d4-2a31e1d7 update.img 707717124 bytes
rkunpack: update.img: Bad address

Looking forward to a solution....

EDIT3:
Now I try this to pack/unpack the firmware: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257331

The last attempt was successfully! I am able to pack, modify, repack and flash a Rom. :-D
Till now it is a mix between Windows and Linux: pack and repack went well under Windows and Linux were used to mount and modify the content.
Last edited by Balrog on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Same here. I run Mint 14 "Nadia" and there was no "dialog" package by default. Now I want to see if I can get the tool to work with Nemo rather than Nautilus(I'm using the Cinnamon desktop rather than Gnome).

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “TNT Firmware Development”