Cube U17GT

Hi,

I own Cube U17GT - 7 inch tablet. The tablet has android 2.3.1 installed and I was told that we would get an android 4.0 update in the near future.

I haam unable to use the GSM function as I am constantly getting mobile network error and the signal cannot be found. I looked at the settings and I got the following message ' network not available' .

I have tried with *#*#4636#*#* phone information.
GSM Service: Emergency calls only
GPRS: Disconnected
GSM Disconnects: DATA. State: DcInactiveState
fails because No error

I've changed CDMA, GSM/CDMA etc.

I have tried to search Available networks too. Select automatically. Nothing.

Please help. I am unable to use the 2G network and the GSM function

kind regards,

SHabree

Cube U17GT

Are you sure your sim card uses the same frequency bands as the tablet? You also may need to contact your phone carrier for setup information.
Not everything is plug and play.

Cube U17GT

The website says that this tablet supports GSM850/900/1800/1900
i tried using 5 diferent sims but in vain.

Cube U17GT

Hello SHabree,

I noticed that your tab is using Gingerbread 2.3.1, built number 1.02.
Have you tried to update to the later version, built number 1.03 to see if it makes a difference.
Here is the link from Cube website:
http://www.51cube.com/tools.asp#

Edit: Uploaded the latest ICS 4.0 firmware for the Cube U17GT here
https://www.flashmyandroid.com/forum/showthread.php?440-ROM-U17GT_v-1-03_20120322

If you choose to update, let us know again if it helps or not.

Good luck.

P.S. Where did you purchase the Cube from and what website(s) have you tried to get support ?
Last edited by Dave.S on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cube U17GT

Hi Dave.S

Your link to the ICS firmware doesn't work any more, can you provide another link?
I've been having a lot of problems with this tablet - doesn't find phone network, doesn't recognise any 3G dongle, doesn't recognise my 32Gb microSD card etc.

Many thanks.

Cube U17GT

[quote=auxfrontin]Hi Dave.S

Your link to the ICS firmware doesn't work any more, can you provide another link?
I've been having a lot of problems with this tablet - doesn't find phone network, doesn't recognise any 3G dongle, doesn't recognise my 32Gb microSD card etc.

Many thanks.[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know. I revised it.

https://www.flashmyandroid.com/forum/showthread.php?440-ROM-U17GT_v-1-03_20120322

Dave

Cube U17GT

hi..

i have a cube u17gt tablet from china..it has android 2.3.1 and most apps dont work well... and it cant even play hd videos or even mp4.. it can not play videos at all...can you help me with this problem.. would it be safe if i upgrade it to android 4.0? even if i check on my settings button, it says system is up to date..no updates available.. i need your reply please..

tnx much..

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Cube U17GT”