[ROM] Zerofire Z75 Official Stock Android 4.0.3 ICS Firmware 20120212

[quote=Aphex]Ok so ive managed to get a ROM for this ICS from pandawill russian forums (great!! and thanks to the guys there for the hook up) Unfortunatley hasnt "fixed" the problem. WHen i try to use the recovery to install update from zip it then states

"short write of /tmp/sideload/package.zip" Not enough room - having researched this it seems that either need to use a Stock rom and kernel, issue being dont have either of these. Although was running fine for a day afterwards untill the battery ran flat I do have a suspision it was clockworkmod recovery from the market that caused this as it was last thing I installed.

I would like to see if I can remove this but when trying to delete it in command line appears the files do not exist. I can access the drive from the adb shell but unfortunatley do not have a recovery or boot img either. Am open to suggestions as have hit a brick wall again

Is there a way to completley wipe and reload a device or reset it fully. I guess answer to this is, not without stock ROM or kernel. Without clock work mod I would I push a new kernel on to the device by adb shell .... like i say am prepared to try anything at this stageH

mm found out a bit more info by logcat and reading. Seems like it has failed or is trying to update somehow (eventhough when it went down had not even tried any thing like this)

This stands to reason with what comes up when i search for the error that occurs when tring to install from zip

Edit : Have cleared the dalvik cahce manually but one file remains as it wont take ownership under su [email]system@framework@core.jar@classes.dex[/email] am assuming this is the core file also so probably its in use

From what I have understood from the logs so far is the tablet is going into a bootloop, it may be trying to update and certain objects such as

are just failing. I guess back to the drawing board for now on ideas[/quote]

You could experiment with a few different stock ROMs for similar tablets. There are quite a few in the A10 section. Once you find one that allows your touch screen to work, you can always use a button mapper. Unless you create one yourself, I don't think you will find custom firmware for this device.

Will try this later, i think i will start with elifekey roms as they are the makers of the product i believe or certainly parent company , i believe the LY is a very similar device or the aniol novo 7

Am in process of cooking a ROM for a HTC desire though this probably be abandoned in favour of an ICS rom for my new phone (be that a HTC one X or Samsung G3) dont want to do it for this tablet as i dont have source (stock rom) and wouldnt be trusted the files pulled from this device would work correctly to start with
Last edited by Aphex on Thu May 03, 2012 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

I looked at the ROM found at pandawill. It is a livesuit image, that is you must flash using the livesuit method. You cannot use CWM for this image.

There are a few tutorials here for flashing A10 based tablets. Look in the Novo 7 Elf section to start. If your tablet only has a power button, try the Hyundai A7 section.

I think I did try the livesuite method although there is a potential i did it wrong so will try again and thanks for heads up on that, out of curiosity and so I know for future how did you know/or could tell was used for live suite method is it the .rar format or the package contents ie a .img type file? as to be honest I didnt look inside (maybe i should of :P ) . Will go through tutorials on livesuite an try again, i do just have a power button no volume or anything so think the hyundai method probably will be of more use

[quote=Aphex]I think I did try the livesuite method although there is a potential i did it wrong so will try again and thanks for heads up on that, out of curiosity and so I know for future how did you know/or could tell was used for live suite method is it the .rar format or the package contents ie a .img type file? as to be honest I didnt look inside (maybe i should of :P ) . Will go through tutorials on livesuite an try again, i do just have a power button no volume or anything so think the hyundai method probably will be of more use[/quote]

A simple image file is always the livesuit method. Or Phoenix Pro, which I don't have experience with. CWM duplicates the file format from a recovery image so you can copy over everything then start CWM for recovery/flash.

OK so for people with this model, the upgrade also works in same way as the Hyundai H7 follow the guides there and use livesuite if anyone wants the ROM let me know. So this is now fixed a big thanks to Dansplans for assistance with this .. even better also getting my new HTC one X tomorrow so can play at breaking that too :P

edit :s light problem, the ROM has had anything to do with google ie maps, gmail, market all removed :S
Last edited by Aphex on Fri May 04, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[quote=Aphex]OK so for people with this model, the upgrade also works in same way as the Hyundai H7 follow the guides there and use livesuite if anyone wants the ROM let me know. So this is now fixed a big thanks to Dansplans for assistance with this .. even better also getting my new HTC one X tomorrow so can play at breaking that too :P

edit :s light problem, the ROM has had anything to do with google ie maps, gmail, market all removed :S[/quote]

There are some A10 market scripts around, so hopefully you can get everything working.

dear Aphex please provide the rom link i have the same tablet and im dying to get it work

[quote=Aphex]OK so for people with this model, the upgrade also works in same way as the Hyundai H7 follow the guides there and use livesuite if anyone wants the ROM let me know. So this is now fixed a big thanks to Dansplans for assistance with this .. even better also getting my new HTC one X tomorrow so can play at breaking that too :P

edit :s light problem, the ROM has had anything to do with google ie maps, gmail, market all removed :S[/quote]

dear aphex i need the rom

You need to be logged in to the site to leave comments.

Login  •  Register

Return to “Zerofire Z75”